“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of IC Holiday Shun Cheng Serviced Apartments

Save Saved
You added IC Holiday Shun Cheng Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
IC Holiday Shun Cheng Serviced Apartments
25F, Building B, Shuncheng Superior Apartments, Yanhe Road, Wuhua District, Kunming, Kunming 650032, China   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Airport Pick-up
Ranked #14 of 791 hotels in Kunming
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The location of the apartments is the best part. another plus point is that, in a city where almost no one speaks english, having a manager who can understand and speak good english, is a blessing! Rick was very friendly, and twice his help was very valuable when we were roaming around like headless chickens, because of the language barrier. The apartment was clean, with good facilities. however while booking our room we didnt know that there will be another occupant in the other room. but since we didnt see much of the other occupant, it wasnt a problem. Moreover, I was with my parents, had i been alone, i wouldnt have felt safe. maybe this can be specifically mentioned while booking. all in all it was good.

Room Tip: the food court and supermarket at the basement was quite handy...though it was bit of a struggle to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

On the positive side (i) a perfect location with all the shopping you need at your footstep, (ii) a large supermarket below the building, (iii) excellent and friendly help and advice from Rick, who manages the apartments, and can help booking anything you need, (v) a perfect local noodle shop 100 meters to the left of the entrance, (vi) plenty of taxis available just outside the building, (vii) good rooms with comfortable beds, free wi-fi and access to a basic kitchen, fridge and a washing machine, and (viii) all this to an unbeatable price.

On the negative side (i) it is hard to find the place so be sure to carry a print in Chinese of the full address, (ii) Rick is not always there, and the note on the door advising you call him is not of much help if you arrive like we did without a mobile phone with roaming. Fortunately for us Rick was in the apartment, (iii) cleaning of the room is not fully up to our standard, and (iv) it would be great if there were some free maps available when you arrive.

Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this place. It was quite hard to find, and when we finally did, we had to get a building guard to let us in and escort us to the 13th floor, where we found the first sign that we were in the right place. The flat with the phone number on the door that we thought was the office turned out to be another apartment, and we woke up a guest ringing the bell. We finally reached Rick on the phone, and then waited for him outside. He took us to a flat on the 24th floor, which had great views and a lot space. We were alarmed, though, when he said that because it's busy season, someone else might stay in the other room (it was a two bedroom apartment). We had booked a "Superior City View Private Ensuite", and there was only one bathroom, and besides, if we had wanted to share our accommodation, we would have stayed in a hostel. We protested strongly, and he finally said ok, we'd have the place to ourselves.

After this awkward start, things were just fine. The wireless worked well, the bed was comfortable, and so was the couch in the living room. The bathroom was so so - no toiletries at all, not even soap on the sink, just towels and toilet paper. No shower curtain, so the whole floor got wet with each shower.

It would be a fantastic place for a family or a group of friends to stay for a few days - my husband and I only had one night there. The two bedroom apartment we had could have slept six (queen bed in our bedroom, amd two double beds in the other one), or even more - the couch in the living room could have slept two people at a stretch, it was one of those huge corner ones.

The location was great, five minutes from the bird and flower market. All in all, I'd probably stay there again if I was in Kunming for more than a day, now that I know how it all works. I would definitely try to contact Rick beforehand and let him know what time I expect to be there, though, to avoid having to hang out with my bags in the street by a nice shopping mall. It would be great if the booking confirmation (we had booked through Agoda) contained information to that effect. We had stayed at "serviced apartments" before, but they were always whole buildings dedicated to this, with proper signage and reception, so this was a strange first impression for us.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The manager Rick welcomed us and gave us plenty of information about Kunming and also helped us planned our travel around Yunan. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were comfy. We were surprised to find a full kitchen and washing machine, as well. Great option if you need a place to get things sorted out and plan the next leg of your trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Robina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Was a little worried to start with no signage on building indicating accommodation, looked just like an office block.
But things got better as we found Rick on the 13th floor.

The Hotel office door had a typed sign inicating to ring a number....not too flash if you have no local China mobile phone....we did & called.

Inside office area looked like an SP bookies shop & not what one might expect but things became more re-assuring (as I indicated previously) as we went along.
Rick has very good communication skills with all types of offers of help, if he can.

We were quite early & our room only just vacated, not cleaned yet.
Asking questions about local restaurants....we thought there appeared to be few. How wrong could one be?

I called up later & asked about a supermarket & blow me down there is one in the basement of this building & a great one @ that....with local lunches to order from there @ < ¥5.5!

But to get there you have to walk past dozens of good quality restaurants with local prices....there is a department store or 2 as well.

Kitchens & utensils (bring a knife & fork) are nothing to write home about, but you could not do better than the food downstairs.

Rick is wonderful, the apartments clean, spacious, well located & very economical.

On our China journey I would rate this better than all 4 & 5 star hotels we have stayed in, to date except perhaps Australia House in Shuhe (Lijiang), plus about 1/3 the price. Not luxurious but really comfortable & just like home.

They deserve your business, if you are planning on coming to Kunming.

Would highly recommend IC Holiday for both short, but especially longer term stays.

Room Tip: School across the road, loud music in the daytime. Typical traffic horn noise with doors open to out...
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I use to stay in these apartments quite frequently over the course of 6 months in early 2011 while I was travelling for work in SW China. Its nice to see that Rick is still doing well and managing lots of apartments in different locations. I am woman travelling by myself, and while I am fluent in Mandarin, it was important for me to have good security and clean places in China. My first time stay, I had some miscommunication with Rick, but it was all resolved later. I stayed in the Shungcheng locations several times, and each time it was an enjoyable stay. I had a room to myself with a large double bed, and corner windows, and ensuite bathrooms for about $26 CAD a night. The location was above a large modern shopping area, and I could venture out for meals and shopping. The street markets were also quite close, and I bought some amazing Puer tea there. This is definitely the location I preferred. Over the course of several months, whenever this location was booked, Rick put me up in one of the other apartments, near Beijing Lu. Those places were also quite nice, but lacked more of a full kitchen, and was in a quieter area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
kuala lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The location is just smacked in the heart of Kunming. It is just across the street from the flower and bird market, and just less than 10 mins walk to the Nanping Pedestrian Street. Wang Fu Jing Department store is just below the apartment. You cannot beat the location.

We booked a two room apartment (there were four of us) and it was comfortable and clean with kitchen facilities. Rick was very helpful and offer useful suggestions to our itinerary. He also helped book our bus tickets to Dali (just pay a commission per ticket). Overall, a very comfortable stay in a great location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to IC Holiday Shun Cheng Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!