We selected this hotel since it was ranked top and are satisfied with our 7 night stay there. First the good stuff:
- The staff are friendly and helpful, especially the concierge who provided lots of good recommendations!
- The room was new, spacious and clean, and the gym was huge and fabulous
- The hotel was central enough for us and twice we took a short bus ride to attractions such as the Big Goose Pagoda and Tang Paradise
- It was walking distance to good restaurants, malls and a great massage establishment next door
- Our best meals in Xian were actually in the hotel: the buffet spread at the cafe, the Thai restaurant, as well as the value 99RMB lunch at the chinese restaurant
I would have rated it Excellent except for a few misgivings:
- The pool though heated was still a bit too cold for comfort
- The lobby outside our room on 11th floor smelt smoky the first few days, and the lobby lounge was just too smoky to venture close to enjoy the live piano performance
- The service at the chinese restaurant was too slow, we thought it was once off and tried it again on our last day but the food still took more than 30mins to arrive
Overall, still a very good hotel and I would return again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Hotel Xian
- Shangri La Hotel Xi An
- Shangri-La Hotel China/Shaanxi