“A few teething problems but very promising” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caprice Restaurant + Bar

Caprice Restaurant + Bar
11B Diamond Peninsula, YanNan San Road, Qujiang District | At the southwest corner of YanNan 3rd Road and Furong West Road, Xi'an 710061, China
029-89136510
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,607 Restaurants in Xi'an
4.5 of 5 stars 20 Reviews
Cuisines: American, Italian, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are a contemporary western restaurant located in the heart of the historical district of Qujiang. We are Canadian-owned and managed and aim to provide authentic food in a casual atmosphere and at affordable prices. All of our sauces are made in-house and all of our ingredients are either imported from overseas or bought from the local markets. Our servers speak English and we can call you a taxi when your meal is done. We accept Visa and MasterCard. We hope you can come down and enjoy yourself here!
Xi'an, China
“A few teething problems but very promising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Five of us ate here recently so we had a good cross-section of their menu, with starters, mains and desserts sampled. All of the food was well cooked and authentic, which makes a big change for a western style restaurant, while their kitchens are semi-open to view which is always reassuring.
They still unfortunately exhibited the very Chinese habit of bringing all dishes out together, but I had a firm and friendly word with the manager and he apologised, making sure we had our starters before our mains (the clue's in the name guys!). When we went there was a special offer 50% off the food, so without this it would have been quite pricey 80-100 kuai for most choices, but I'd say it was a special occasion kind of place, so it's worth a try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
604traveler, Owner at Caprice Restaurant + Bar, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Dear LiJames77,

I'm sorry for the slow response but I have only just discovered that one of our happy customers has listed us on TripAdvisor.

I would like to thank you for your positive review and let you know that we have been working hard to improve our service since our first month of operation. We are well aware that our foreign clients prefer to have their food served in proper sequence and that our servers shouldn't hover behind our clients while they're browsing through the menu. We have worked hard on these service values and I hope these problems are solved.

I hope you do come back (if you haven't already) and give us another try.

Alex

• Korean first
Xi'an, China
“Caprice Restaurant Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Caprice restaurant was great! I very much enjoyed the casual, yet classy atmosphere. The flavor and presentation of the food was also fantastic. In fact, not having been back to the States in almost two years now, while eating I felt like I was already back home! The pizza and cheeseburger with onion rings were my favorite, yet the carbonara and fettuccine alfredo were also quite tasty. For dessert we ordered the chocolate lava cake and the tiramisu, which where pretty good as well, next time I'd probably get two lava cakes and skip the tiramisu. Their beer, wine, and mixed drinks selection was quite impressive as well. I will certainly be going back there any time I get a hankering for some accurate, relatively affordable yet delicious western food here in Xi'an. Great atmosphere, great food, great service! All in all a great experience.

• Visited June 2014