“Many problems in an outdated dirty hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Xi'an Fukai Hotel

Save Saved
You added Xi'an Fukai Hotel to your Saves list
Xi'an Fukai Hotel
No.27 Nanxin Street, Xincheng District, Xi'an 710001, China (Xincheng District)   |
Ranked #179 of 2,042 Hotels in Xi'an
Devon
“Many problems in an outdated dirty hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

Firstly I must state that I have stayed at many hotels in China so feel my review is fair!

My wife and I stayed here as an aside on a business trip to see the terracotta soldiers, we visited here with a Cninese friend who booked the hotel direct and could deal with any problems (so we thought)

I will compile problems as a list:-

1. Room was premium grade, this meant paying for water that was free in standard rooms.

2. Room was littered with items for sale, ranging from condoms by the bedside to spare packs of underpants! (more on this later)

3. Dirty carpet (see my images) very poor finish to who room, TV just hanging on the wall etc etc.

4. Bed was SOLID. took our friend and 15 minute argument to get another duvet to put on the bed.

5. Breakfast was ONLY Chinese, no bread, no tea, and service pathetic.

6. NOISE! the prostitutes giving customers value for money during the nights (hence the condoms!) hotels security breaking up a party in the early hours, and the call to prayer speakers outside our room......................

7. the hotel bar only sells green tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Our friend asked the hotel to book a guide and car for a trip, they supplied an unregistered guide and a private car in terrible state, it took our friend an hour of arguments to sort that mess out!

Thanks enough ranting, but needs to be said....

• Liked — When we left!
  • Disliked — All of it!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2007

This simple, no-frill hotel is situated in a quiet area off the main street about a 20 minute walk to the muslim quarters and center of town. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were pleasant and polite. There was one restaurant in the hotel that was empty of customers most of the time. Overall, we had no complaints.

• Liked — Comfortable place to stay
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

I booked this hotel via a travel chinese website, only really bothered about the location and the price of the room. I only stayed one night as I was in Xi'an just for a weekend trip. I was prepared to rough it a bit, but I was well impress when I got to the place, and I'm the one who didn't feel up to the hotel standard! Anyway, the hotel is just off the main roads and it's a very clean and modern place. The room was very nice with everything you expect from a decent western hotel. Staff was welcoming too. Definitely good place to stay in Xi'an.

Stayed November 2006

Been to Xi'an Fukai Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Xi'an Fukai Hotel

Address: No.27 Nanxin Street, Xincheng District, Xi'an 710001, China
Location: China > Shaanxi > Xi'an > Xincheng District
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service
#133 Best Value Hotel in Xi'an
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Xi'an Fukai Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Xi'An Fukai Hotel China/Shaanxi

If you own or manage Xi'an Fukai Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.