“Good hotel at decent price and well situated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square

Save Saved
You added Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square to your Saves list
Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.319 Dongxin Street, Xincheng District, Xi'an 710004, China   |
Ranked #19 of 1,990 hotels in Xi'an
Lausanne
“Good hotel at decent price and well situated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our stay was nice. The situation of the hotel is fine. You can walk to the muslim area, the mosquee, the drum and bell towers. The Renmin square is privatised for the 3 Accor hotels, safe and quiet. The room was in par with the price paid. The bed was very hard. The hardest we had during our trip in China. Staff was nice and spoke good english.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelXian, Manager at Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Mercure Xi'an on your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

At Mercure, we strive to provide superior levels of service to all guests; therefore your feedback is very important to us and we thank you again for providing it..

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

It's the cheapest hotel in the Renmin Square complex so it's not, of course, five star. But it's perfectly acceptable, with clean rooms and a decent range of Asian and European foods at breakfast.

Assuming you are visiting Xian as a tourist, or on business, it's more than good enough for the time you will spend here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelXian, Manager at Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure on Renmin Square Xian. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mercure Xian on Renmin Square
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I booked the hotel just for a day as I had to stay in Xian for my connecting flight.

Location was very convenient as it is fairly near to all the attractions.

Room is FUNCTIONAL (if you are there for a business trip and not fussy about the room). Basic creature comforts.

If you are there for sightseeing and want to come back to a lovely comfortable hotel room , this is not that place. (Sorry I have to be frank)

Shower area have a very funky mouldy smell but water stream pressure was good.

My room's air conditioned system somehow got warm & stuffy at about 10pm. Thought something was wrong , so I called housekeeping. To my horror, the housekeeping lady told me that the central air conditioning is switched off that is why the room is so warm.

Why in the world does a 4 star hotel switch off central air conditioning at an alloted timing ? To save electricity ?

Stayed in other Mercure hotels around the world and this had to be the worst in my book.

Saving grace was the Touch Spa situated adjacent to the mercure. Massuers were professional and massage was really good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay with us. I was very concerned to learn that our facilities and services of the hotel was not up to your expectations. I am truly sorry that this was a disappointment and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we have brought this to the attention of the relevant departments.

Your sincerely,

Mercure on Xi'an Renmin Seuare
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had 4 wonderful nights in this hotel located in a secured complex with the other 2 sister hotels (namely Sofitel and Grand Mercure). Our room is big but can't understand why no rollaway bed was allowed for my daughter! We tried their breakfast on our first morning and found the spread to be quite standard and boring. Staff are very polite and speaks sufficient English. Location is pretty good but need a bit of walking about 10-15 minutes. To the right, you will end up at Bell Tower and Muslim Street and to the left, you will end up with a street of departmental stores, supermarkets and food court (Ren Ren Le building). There is Bank of China across the road where you can withdraw money from their ATMs. Crossing the road to get money is a challenge though!! We got ripped off on our first night dinner at a Cantonese Restaurant - sorry can't remember the name but is on the direction to Muslim Street where RMB160 was charged for chinese tea!!! Otherwise, this hotel is highly recommended in Xian.

Room Tip: Pick a room that is away from the road as you can still hear the traffic at 10.00pm. You really nee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SofitelXian, Manager at Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square, responded to this review, October 9, 2013

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked thru expedia. I pre-paid ~$160 US $ for 3 nights stay. It didnt not included breakfast.
I am a solo traveler and stayed from May 28 to May 31, 2013.

I dont remember anything but good things about this hotel.

Positives:
*Polite, English speaking staff. Very helpful with directions and maps. One of the best staff in general of all my trip to China. Knowledgeable and always polite. Great English.
*They asked you if you want a taxi or public transporation. I always used the buses, and metro. I basically walked out of the complex, made a right and waited for the # bus that the staff told me. That is how I got into the center of town every day. I believe it was like 1/2 a yuan one way. Then, I will get a bus back and just say "sofitel" and they knew...or show them the little name of the hotel. This is a big complex of 3 hotels with many restaurants. As mentioned before, this is the "cheapest" hotel of the 3.
*Comfortable bed.
*AC Worked fine, plenty of hot water
*Super clean, super nice bed sheets
*Bathroom/Room supplies: Soap, tootbrush, it has a hair dryer, iron, etc,
*Mini refrigerator ...very useful, i found a supermarket and purchased lots of fruits! =)

Tip:
I asked the front desk about the cheapest way to get to the airport. And they told me that in front of a hotel (sorry, I dont rember the name of the hotel, but is across the street from the Bell tower plaza....the same plaza that has the starkbucks and the Haagen Dazs) a bus departs every 20 min. And, it was very cheap. I am guessing less than $8US. Is one of those big "touristic" buses..and it gets busy quick...but they have 1 every 20min, so just leave with enough time that you will make it. Then, is a direct route to the airport.

Xian was one of my favorites cities in China. The Metro was being constructed and expanded. I dont speak any chinesse/etc and was able to travel alone and used the public transportation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Mercure Xian on Renmin Square
hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights during China golden week. The hotel is part of the Sofitel complex that is in a quiet and serene area whilst it is still easily access to the main train station and other famous landmark like Bell Tower. There is a fair bit of walk to very central downtown but the recently opened underground (line 1) is just 10 -15 mins walk from the hotel. Public buses are available but it will not be easy for foreigners. Other than that, the hotel is very much value for money, clean with modern shower, free and fast wifi, professional counter services. Taxi can be arranged in advance and the taxi driver arrived on time (despite he tried to overcharge, not the fault of the hotel). I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking time to provide us your comments following your recent stay with us.We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the facilities and services of the hotel lived up to your expectation.

Once again we thank you for sharing with us your experience, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is great value for money and is ideally situated. We arrived late at night and the taxi driver did have trouble finding the place although we did have the name and address written in Chinese. We had booked a standard room however as they were fully booked we were upgraded to a suite, which we did not complain about. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful with sufficent English to make communication easy. During our stay my husband celebrated his birthday and the hotel sent a birthday cake to our room which was a very nice gesture. We did not realise that Renmin Square was an enclosed area containing two other hotels (Sofitel & Grand Mecure) and associated restaurants. This was a big bonus as the Mecure on Renmin, which is the poor cousin of the other two, is siutated further back in the complex and was very quiet with no traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square

Been to Mercure Xi'an on Renmin Square? Share your experiences!