Had 4 wonderful nights in this hotel located in a secured complex with the other 2 sister hotels (namely Sofitel and Grand Mercure). Our room is big but can't understand why no rollaway bed was allowed for my daughter! We tried their breakfast on our first morning and found the spread to be quite standard and boring. Staff are very polite and speaks sufficient English. Location is pretty good but need a bit of walking about 10-15 minutes. To the right, you will end up at Bell Tower and Muslim Street and to the left, you will end up with a street of departmental stores, supermarkets and food court (Ren Ren Le building). There is Bank of China across the road where you can withdraw money from their ATMs. Crossing the road to get money is a challenge though!! We got ripped off on our first night dinner at a Cantonese Restaurant - sorry can't remember the name but is on the direction to Muslim Street where RMB160 was charged for chinese tea!!! Otherwise, this hotel is highly recommended in Xian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Otel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi