I booked thru expedia. I pre-paid ~$160 US $ for 3 nights stay. It didnt not included breakfast.
I am a solo traveler and stayed from May 28 to May 31, 2013.
I dont remember anything but good things about this hotel.
*Polite, English speaking staff. Very helpful with directions and maps. One of the best staff in general of all my trip to China. Knowledgeable and always polite. Great English.
*They asked you if you want a taxi or public transporation. I always used the buses, and metro. I basically walked out of the complex, made a right and waited for the # bus that the staff told me. That is how I got into the center of town every day. I believe it was like 1/2 a yuan one way. Then, I will get a bus back and just say "sofitel" and they knew...or show them the little name of the hotel. This is a big complex of 3 hotels with many restaurants. As mentioned before, this is the "cheapest" hotel of the 3.
*AC Worked fine, plenty of hot water
*Super clean, super nice bed sheets
*Bathroom/Room supplies: Soap, tootbrush, it has a hair dryer, iron, etc,
*Mini refrigerator ...very useful, i found a supermarket and purchased lots of fruits! =)
I asked the front desk about the cheapest way to get to the airport. And they told me that in front of a hotel (sorry, I dont rember the name of the hotel, but is across the street from the Bell tower plaza....the same plaza that has the starkbucks and the Haagen Dazs) a bus departs every 20 min. And, it was very cheap. I am guessing less than $8US. Is one of those big "touristic" buses..and it gets busy quick...but they have 1 every 20min, so just leave with enough time that you will make it. Then, is a direct route to the airport.
Xian was one of my favorites cities in China. The Metro was being constructed and expanded. I dont speak any chinesse/etc and was able to travel alone and used the public transportation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Ctrip DaoDao, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi