I stayed here for 6 nights during China golden week. The hotel is part of the Sofitel complex that is in a quiet and serene area whilst it is still easily access to the main train station and other famous landmark like Bell Tower. There is a fair bit of walk to very central downtown but the recently opened underground (line 1) is just 10 -15 mins walk from the hotel. Public buses are available but it will not be easy for foreigners. Other than that, the hotel is very much value for money, clean with modern shower, free and fast wifi, professional counter services. Taxi can be arranged in advance and the taxi driver arrived on time (despite he tried to overcharge, not the fault of the hotel). I would recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi