The hotel was in a tourist square of 'western' style hotels. Manicured and remote from real China. The hotel was clean, efficient, but clinical and the staff remote. It all should have been excellent and we were delighted to be upgraded to a very nice suite - thank you, but the hotel simply didn't seem to have character or life.
Breakfast was good - plenty of choice but the dishes didn't seem to be topped up regularly so you could get into the dining room and find a poor choice available. The staff in the dining room were really very nice and efficient, but again a bit remote - smily but didn't communicate.
I really wish that I could enthuse about this hotel and it's great location, but it just lacked something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Ctrip DaoDao, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi