We stayed here for two nights on toe way to Beijing.
We had a god-awful experience with the cab driver from the train station to the hotel - we printed the address in Chinese as per the hotel's website, but the cabbie could not find the place, so we ended up having to walk for a good 20 minutes after having got the help of a police officer!!
Needless to say i was in a Very Bad Mood when we got to the hotel. It didn't help that once you enter Remin Square, there is no proper labeling, so we had to walk around for a few more minutes before someone pointed us in the right direction.
I told the gentleman at the front desk my woes, and he was very sympathetic and immediately (and unexpectedly!) upgraded us to a suite at no extra cost. He said that if i say "Remin Square", cabbies should be able to find it even if they don't have the address - so a good learning for next time. There were a couple of others hovering around the front desk, all of whom were really helpful too.
The room itself was very nice. The hotel is not the newest, but i really have nothing to complain about. The room was clean, made up, and had everything that we could need. We ordered room service, which arrived in a jiffy.
All the facilities such as pool, gym and spa are located in the adjoining building, a 30 second walk away. There were a couple of restaurants within the square, as well as an outdoors garden patio where you could order drinks - which was lovely in the evening.
They made sure there was a cab waiting for us at 5.30 AM to take us to the airport, with someone at the front desk who spoke English so we could communicate with the cabbie.
All in all a good stay. Its not a 4 or 5 star joint by any means, but a good, clean, comfortable place for a couple of nights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi