One of three hotels in the same compound, this is the lowest cost offering. I do not know why you would choose one of the others since they all share the same facilities. This building is a refurbished Communist Party hotel and it shows in the interesting architecture and decor. Rooms were clean and up-to-date and the compound was very very quiet and peaceful. The staff was helpful with recommendations on dining and outing options. Restaurants and bars were all located in the other hotel buildings in the compound meaning a bit of a walk for breakfast or dinner but not a big deal at all. The compound location is out a bit from the tourist sites within Xi'an but we both walked and took cabs without any problems.
We did have a negative experience in the buffet restaurant ordering off of the a la carte menu when my vegetarian wife ordered the specifically labeled *vegetarian* Xi'an style noodles and they came with minced pork. Noticed about 3 bites in! She was understandably upset but the management handled the situation very professionally. The restaurant manager took care of the problem immediately and there was a phone message from the food and beverage manager for all three hotels on our phone when we got back to our room. He followed up with us personally the next day to ensure the issue was resolved to our satisfaction. The screw-up was basic and should not have happened at such a high-end establishment but the manager owned up to the issue and addressed it head-on. I travel quite a bit for business and I can say I was very impressed with the professionalism exhibited by the Singaporean F&B manager. We would not (and did not) hesitate to go back.
Overall very good quality and value for money in Xi'an. Would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian China/Shaanxi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao and Venere so you can book your Mercure on Renmin Square Xian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.