We were very keen to visit the Terracotta Warriors, so we caught the new bullet train from Beijing (5.5 hours) and booked ahead at the Mercure. I was a little worried because it was so cheap. How wrong I was!
Renmin Square, it's own private paradise...belongs to the Mercure, the Sofitel and a live theatre. Just gorgeous and a complete oasis in a busy city.
Our Concierge was so helpful and nothing was to much trouble, including organising our taxis to the Warriors and later to the airport.
Great value establishment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi