It's a 20min walk to Bell Tower. Had a bit of problem getting taxis especially during rush hours. The single bed room was a little small for China's standard but everything in it worked fine except the showers always gotten the toilet floor wet. It's a long building so if you don't like walking, do ask for nearby rooms. The food at the Azure and Chinese restuarants (shared with Sofitel) were very good and so were the service quality from front desk staff for tour arrangements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi