We originally booked to stay at the Mecure but due to it being the winter period the Mecure was closed so we were upgraded to the Grand Mecure. The Mecure, Grand Mecure and The Sofitel all exist within a gated community that also contains a variety of restaurants and lovely gardens.
Although the staff were friendly at the Grand Mecure we found the staff at the Sofitel much more helpful particularly when it came to organising a tour to the warriors and getting to tourist spots. Xi'an is very difficult to get around. The help that the staff at the Sofitel gave us was invaluable. They organised transport and gave us some good advice. Don't expect to be able to catch a taxi in Xian. They don't stop.
We were very happy with our stay at the Grand Mecure. The rooms were clean, the atmosphere quiet and the environment welcoming.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian Renmin Square China/Shaanxi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Ctrip DaoDao, Orbitz, Booking.com, Elong, Travelocity, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.