Stayed in a standard room for two nights after being upgraded from the Mercure. I was generally impressed with the room size and amenities. The room did feel a little dated but was impeccably clean. Location was great too - in a quiet area but still very close to the railway station where you can get the bus to the Terracotta Warriors. Staff were lovely and spoke great English, and check in and out was very fast. I had a very early flight out of Xi'an and the staff were very helpful in organising a taxi to the airport. My main issues with the room were the dim lighting and slow aircon. The aircon was set to high when I arrived and the room was insufferably hot for the next two days even though I adjusted the settings. This made sleeping particularly difficult! My other issue was the breakfast buffet, which didn't look as if it was being regularly replenished and when I ate there, not much variety was available. However since I received the upgrade from the Mercure, I only paid the Mercure price for breakfast, so I think I still got my money's worth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi