noisy hotel, demolition next door, faulty audio system leaving dreadful music blaring throughout the hotel. No on site facilities, they are all in the sofitel on the other side of the square. This is very difficult to access if you have any mobility problems... Also unpleasant when it rains! The ramps into the hotel were too steep for an electric wheelchair. The breakfast was in the hotel but there was no other form of restaurant, bar or coffee shop in the grand mercure... Only across the square in the sofitel. Which was priced accordingly as a 6-star would be! We ended up having to get room service which seemed a shame, when we had expected to be able to sit with some atmosphere in the bar and restaurant that we were led to believe were present. Rooms were a bit tired but ok. Staff were friendly and helped where they could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi