We had a standard room and it was large and comfortable. Beds were nice although duvet could be a bit thicker. The bathroom was large and everything was clean.
The first morning we were woken up at 7.30am from the sportsground next door, very noisy sports event with microphones blaring. So we asked to move and it was no problem - garden side was much quieter. The hotel is set within an area with other hotels and one was undergoing renovation so there was noise from that in the morning too in the first room, but ok once we moved rooms.
The garden is very nice in the centre and the area is generally quiet aside from the above. About 12 minute fast walk to Bell Tower so location is ok.
You can use the Sofitel pool, which was why I booked the hotel but the pool was 26 degrees which was too cold to swim in my opinion and I could not swim in it, which I found disappointing.
The spa pool was ok to sit in though.
The staff were helpful and polite, not terribly knowledgeable for Western tourists and the English could be much better.
Pleasant enough stay but make sure room is not facing sportground.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi