“Don't miss it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Redfort Indian Restaurant

Redfort Indian Restaurant
Tang West Market,No.118 Laodong South Road | India Building, Silk Road, DaTang West Market, Lianhu District, Xi'an 710068, China
029-84113559
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Beijing
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Absolutely amazed by this place, we ordered two main dishes two appetizers a tea two beers and a bowl of rice and everything was so crazy delicious I don't know what else to say. The service was also top-notch, I turned my head around once to look at the rest of the room and a waiter i didn't even see came right away to ask if i needed help. We paid about 230 rmb but it was worth it.

The only annoyance was that it was a bit hard to find. Google maps puts both it and it's address about two blocks too far to the north. Baidu maps was off by only half a block but we still had to ask for help. It's inside the Tang West Market square, behind a huge hotel, on the second floor. If you're in the square and you see stairs or especially an escalator going up, take them. If you see lots of well-lit restaurants you're in the right place. If lost don't bother relying on maps just call the number on their website, their English is great.

• Visited February 2014

95% Recommend
Zhengzhou, China
“I love this culture restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went to Redfort with my classmate, her friend recommended us there,that was her first dinner with bf, now they have married, haha, thanks Redfort.

Redfort is in silk-road street which is a government project, there are 8 country pavilions together, they show different cultures, foods and more, including restaurants, cafes, aircrafts, architecture art, painting,and so on. We haven't been in India, Redfort gave us a great impression, it is a culture restaurant, we felt we were in India.

All chefs are Indians, to our surprise, most of the indian guys can speak a little Chinese, the restaurant manager and yoga teacher can speak fluent Chinese, they were happy to talk with us abt Indian. The Indian waiter is so handsome who looks like a Indian star, I like him, haha, We ordered some special Indian food, tandoori chicken,chicken tikka masala, beef vindaloo, garlic naan, really yummy, when we had food, there were live Bollywood dance, it was my first time to watch Bollywood dance in china. When the dance began, many visitors came to the restaurant to watch. it is a popular restaurant, there were many Chinese ppl and also some foreigners. the Indian bartender was cool, we saw him cook cocktail for a family who celebrated for birthday. It is very busy at the weekend, you had better to book a table.

Anyway, I want to say I love Redfort, I have had Indian food in some other cities, but this one is so different, yes, the culture. I wish my classmate and her husband happy forever.

Redfort is a special place. I would like to make a "poem". If she wants great Indian food, plz take her to Redfort, if she wants to see great Bollywood dance, plz take her to Redfort, if she wants to learn more about India, plz take her to Redfort.

• Visited December 2013
Xi'an, China
“Definitely worth trying this Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a new opened restaurant located on Silk road street with different countries all together. The indian cusine is definitely the best tasted one among all. You can tell they really put heart in everything, from food to decorations . They are trying to take you indian!

• Visited February 2014
Xi'an, China
“High-end Indian cuisine at last in Xi'an”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Xi'an has been crying out for a new Indian restaurant to add to the fairly reasonable one near Da Yanta and the shockingly bad chain which doesn't even possess a proper Tandoori oven. Now we have one and then some. This place provides not only fabulous food but a perfect Indian ambience, spacious and clean surroundings and also a host of wellness facilities and on most days (not when we went unfortunately) Indian dancing.
The main thing though of course is always the food. Considering myself something of an Indian food junkie coming from the UK, I was impressed by the quality of the menu, offering just enough in the way of staple favourites like Jalfrezi, Madras, Biryani, sizzling Tikka and Curry but also more creative (though pricey!) options such as leg of lamb (208rmb but surely enough for 3) and curried crab.
The drinks menu is particularly extensive, the full range of cocktails and a wine list to satisfy the most discerning, though anyone who has the 13000rmb for the top champers can be my friend!
Notably they also do white wine by the glass, a very nice Australian Chardonnay, and a bottle will set you back just 165rmb, which in these surroundings makes going to a bar look pointless. Drinking here on your soft cushions with the less brash atmosphere is certainly superior in my book.
The service, as is often the case in Indian restaurants in the UK is extremely attentive and polite. They speak flawless English of course. We had a slight issue during the meal and the manager/his partner dealt with it impeccably.
4 dishes and one white wine came to 182rmb, so it's at the moderate-high end of the scale, but that's to be expected for what the proprietors are clearly trying to create, this is not your bog-standard curry house.
All in all I'd recommend it without hesitation and we will be going back for Chinese New Year.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Xi'an, China
“Suggest you friends to visit this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I am living in china for 2 years and when I heard that there is new Indian restaurant is opened i decide to visit it and really its amazing I liked everything in this place food , service design ,I hope that this restaurant will be always like this or why not more better

• Visited December 2013