Aurum International Hotel, Xian, China
A former classmate has been working on a World Bank project nearby and recommended this hotel.
The location is nice. It is adjacent to the Shaanxi Provncial Government Center. It is about 4 blocks from the Bell Tower, the very center of Xian. A couple of blocks away is a pedestrian walk that has many restaurants, including Burger King, McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, and a Walmart.
I was upgraded to a mini-suite, a living room with a desk and a bedroom. Each room has an old-fashioned Chinese TV. There were no international channels. Internet was included. Everything worked. Housekeeping was nice and cleaned my room twice a day. Lighting for reading in bed was terrible. The entire hotel looks kind of old.
Food was terrible. I tried the RMB 50 breakfast buffet. The coffee was so bad that I switched to tea, to the consternation of the waitress. I also tried their RMB 58 lunch buffet and found the same things served. I resorted to buying things at a nearby bakery for breakfast.
There is a full menu of massages available. There is no hanky-panky.
My major disappointment was the gym was closed "from now on."
* In the first named alley south of the Aurum, Nan Chang Xiang, there is a good fruit stand.
* It is better to buy beer from convenience stores than the myraids of "Tobacco/Alcohol" places.
* The Walmart has a good selection of Chinese wines. More importantly, they were resting on their sides.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Aurum International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurum International Hotel Xi`An
- Aurum International Xi An
- Aurum International China/Shaanxi