the only good thing is the location, just across the street from the drum tower and muslim quarter by underpass.
1. the entire hotel is dated and almost falling apart in places.
2. the entire hotel stinks of third-hand cigarette smoke. cancerous!
3. the corridors and elevators smell so bad i've to hold my breath each time i go from lobby to room.
4. rooms and bathrooms filthy, but beds were very clean.
5. beds can be rather stiff and hard for westerners.
6. from evening till midnight i had calls offering "massage services" in mandarin... and when i disconnected the phone, they came knocking on my door!
7. i had a single room and it was really very small. just my both arms length outstretched + an extra hand's width.
8. traffic, and cars sounding their horns indiscriminately at all times of the night, and people shouting on the streets kept me awake.
9. wifi's only available at the lobby, which only had space for 3 people to sit comfortably and is always occupied by Chinese guests(?) sleeping.
10. air-conditioning is weak. they claimed it was centralized and you can only change the level of air conditioning (1-low, 2-medium, 3-high). as my room was facing the setting sun, my room was like a sauna well till past sundown... and they refused to move me to another room.
11. intimate kits were placed next to the sink. if it's already not obvious enough what this hotel is more suitable for.
12. very dark corridors.
13. tried to use the public restroom but as the gents was being cleaned, was re-directed to a rubbish dump?!
14. reception barely spoke english. thankfully i spoke mandarin, but the poor hapless non-mandarin speakers will have problems if they encounter any issues with the room or any other special reqeusts.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your Melody Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melody Hotel Xi An
- Melody Hotel China/Shaanxi