“Good but not great” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brazilian
London, United Kingdom
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were staying at Sofitel and had been out for Hot Pot the night before which was great and really good value. Decided to "splash out a bit" and do the BBQ.
Food was good and plentiful but some a bit average for what we expected.....very overcooked prawns for example but delicious rare beef.
Nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy the warmth and have the meat brought to the table.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mississauga, Canada
“Only go when the Brazilian chef is there!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I first ate here for dinner last summer, and it was incredible. The Brazilian chef is friendly, honest, and seemed happy to be interacting with guests. I had such a good time, so I brought by business partners for lunch there in December. It was not the same!
The buffet selection was less than half the size of the dinner buffet and half of the dishes were cold. The servers brought meat to the table only every 10 minutes, and they only wanted to give us one piece of meat each. 1 chicken wing and 1 pork rib every 10 min?! I asked to see the Brazilian chef, but he was off that day. Our waiter was Fernando (Chinese guy, not his real name), and he was very nice and tried to get the cooks to bring more BBQ, but they were actually quite rude to him about it - snapping at him in the middle of the dining room.
It's a totally different experience when the Brazilian chef is there. If you don't see him there, go to the normal Sofitel buffet.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Xi'an, China
“More effort needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Good potential here and was very good when it opened... Downhill since. Only worth going there if and when the Brazilian chef Luiz is there - then its excellent! Otherwise, its a poor effort at a buffet with a meat bbq. Expensive for what you get.

• Visited November 2013
Wuhan, China
“Brazilian BBQ??? Well, not so far.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

As my second attempt to find a real BR BBQ restaurant in China (ever since I miss my home food, as a real brazilian.. hehe), I must say I was really disappointed by the food variety and service. I went there one evening with a friend to check the place, as we were staying in Grand Mercure Hotel (a great hotel, btw). I had a look and the place seemed nice, so we decided to go back there on the next evening. The place structure itself is very nice and fancy, well located and well equiped, with smooth brazilian songs playing on the background. However that's all. The staff is not very well prepared to deal with customers (not careful or polite as other expensive restaurants), with the exception of a nice lady (I believe she was the manager on duty) and the waiter with "gaucho" trousers who talked to us on the night before. The food: Well, if you want to pay 250 RMB for a buffet of chinese food, that's the right place to go. The only two brazilian dishes on the buffet were the "strogonof" and sliced tomatoes (is that really a dish? hehe), and still were not sufficiently "replaced" once they were out. The bbq itself lacks orginality and only resembles the delicious servings we have back home. The waiters come by with meat in slow and long round between each other (you might have to wait more than 10 min for your next cut). The only two meat cuts that were good were the "picanha" (still not similar to what we have in Brazil) and the "costela" (beef ribs - this was actually surprisingly good, as most restaurants, even in Brazil, do not get it right). The so-called "chef" serving the meat (a chinese guy with a big white hat) is not very careful and may spill some "blood" from the meat cuts in your clothes (be careful). Deserts: Actually, I did not find one single brazilian desert here. The day before I read "pudim de leite" (BR milk pudim), how wrong was I! hehe Some of the reviews here are, I might say, subsidized (one is from the Brazilian Chef responsible for the restaurant, maybe he is the owner, I do not know, but he was not there the two days we've been through the restaurant). If you wanna spend more than 500 RMB for a nice dinner with your girlfriend, I suggest finding yourself a nice western steakhouse and going crazy (you will definately spend less than in this restaurant). Meaning: Not a good "value-for-money"! Oh, if only I could turn back time, I would have had a nice dinner and some cash in my pockets now............ hehehe More detailed information, or wanna have a quick chat, get in touch: rodrigo07@hotmail.com

• Visited December 2013
Xian
“Best meat in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The only original Brazilian BBQ restaurant you can find in Xi'an. Good selection of meat and good service. If you enjoy eat meat is the perfect place to go !