“Private whirlwind tour of Xian” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 49 Activities in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: I provide my guests the best service It is not only tourists attractions , but also the real visit to xi'an let us explore the best local food of Xi'an and the local culture of xi'an it is very flexible tours as much as you like
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Private whirlwind tour of Xian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I travelled to China for business and had limited time. I'd planned to travel from Guangzhou to Xian, do a quick tour and then travel to Beijing. I had trouble booking everything from home and was led to believe it would be easier once in China. This didn't end up being the case and a day before my flight from Guangzhou to Xian I realised I had no idea how I was going to get from the airport to see the Terracotta warriors and then get to the train station and buy a ticket to Beijing.
I ended up emailing Kathy after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, told her of my dilemma and asked if she was free.
Kathy was so helpful from beginning to end, she picked me up from the airport and helped me buy my train ticket for the trip to Beijing that night, she had a private car with a driver who took us to see the Terracotta warriors, Xian city and Muslim Street. Kathy speaks excellent english and is extremely knowledgeable and also a really friendly person. We had lunch at the Terracotta warriors and Kathy went off and got lots of different things for me to try and really looked after me.
At the end of the day the driver took us to the train station and Kathy took me all the way in past security and made sure I knew were my train was leaving from.
I highly recommend doing a tour with Kathy, she went well and truly out of her way and at extremely short notice and really made my one day in Xian a memorable one.

Visited August 2013

La Quinta, California
“Beijing and beyond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I traveled with two friends to China. We have been to Shanghai before, but expected some difficulties in Beijing. We were not sure if we picked the right tour guide, What a great surprise!
Everything went like clockwork. We had prompt pick up at the airport. Everyday was scheduled for us and our driver and tour guide was on time. And that was important to me, since we only had three days in Beijing. We continued our tour to Xian. Again , great and flexible tours and a wonderful tour guide who spoke perfect english and understood american humor. We never met Kathy, but she did a great job in selecting highlights of both cities. I will definitely recommend Kathy's services to other friends who want to visit China.

Visited December 2013
scottsdale, Arizona
“Great tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Kathy couldn't make it but sent Hank in her place. Our driver was at the airport and with in minutes we were on the phone talking to her. She explained what out next day would be like. Our driver took us right to our hotel safely. Once arriving to our room i notice i had lost my cell fone. After contacting the front desk of our hotel to see of they could help contact Air China I decided to email kathy. About 5 minutes later she was calling our room. We had located it at the airport and Kathy said she would call the airline to be sure it was my fone and ask them to hold it until our departure in two days.
Hank was a very soft spoken guy but he knew his history and the love of his country and places of interest shined when he did speak. He had props to show what we would be seeing and explained the history behind it. He would explain things away from others and noise so we wouldn't be interrupted. He gave us plenty of time in each spot to allow us to take photos and enjoy e sights at hand. Kathy checked on us several times during the day and after we returned to our hotel.

We hand a very enjoyable time is Xian and I would recommend everyone who can go there to do just that. We really enjoyed this city. We felt very safe and had the following day to ourselves. Our driver returned on time to take us back to the airport and escorted us in to make sure we didn't have any issues retrieving my cell phone.

Each member we were in contact with was very professional and made our trip very special. Hank with his knowledge and love for what he does, our driver for getting us safely to/ from all our stops, and Kathy for making sure everything went as planned and for assisting when I needed a friend the most.

I wouldn't hesitate in hiring this group and allowing yourself to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Thanks Hank, Kathy, and our driver.

Visited November 2013
“Nice trip to us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Before we started to Xian.Kathy provided us many useful informations.the season that we visited Xian what shall we dress----------.
As we arrived in Xian after we checked in at hotel her people call us to ask anything they can help?
In our tour in Xian their people Mr.Tung the van driver Miss Yao the guide gave us anything if we ask that make us very comfortable.in lunch time after they ask us that kind food we preferred.they lead us to really local food restaurant.All that food are delicious even we also Chinese.that let us really know what is "local food"
They take care of us in everything.we much appreciated anything they did for us.
At last this very important,during the tour period there are NO ANY SHOPPING.
And no any extra charge.
We like them.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
“Going the extra mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were very happy with Kathy's services. She was unable to be our guide but provided us with Hank, who was extremely informative about Chinese culture and history in general, as well as the attractions that we saw, and had a nice sense of humor and a great attitude. The tour was very flexible - we saw the Terracotta warriors, the Wild Goose Pagoda and the Old City Wall and we could have seen more but we were tired and the pollution had overcome us so Hank and the driver left us at the hotel to rest and then the driver took us to the Tang Dynasty show, also arranged by Kathy and highly recommended, then dropped us off at the hotel. During the day, Kathy called at least five times to check on our progress, and spoke to me personally twice. All in all, great commitment, great service and a very reasonable price. Keep up the good job, Kathy!

Visited November 2013