“Surprisingly good Italian food in China” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Isola del Nord Italy Restaurant

Isola del Nord Italy Restaurant
XiHuaMen 1 KaiAi Mansion b Tower 11 Floor, Xi'an, China (Formerly Colabo Italy Restaurant)
029-87201501,029-87201502
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,607 Restaurants in Xi'an
4.0 of 5 stars 66 Reviews
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Surprisingly good Italian food in China”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I agree with other reviews that it's tricky to find. Hint - it's between the ICBC bank and the fire station on the corner of Xihuaman and north street. Once you find it it's well worth the effort.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Traralgon, Australia
“Good food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were lucky concierge walked us there as previous readers said difficult to find- we ordered garlic bread, pasta & pizza. They were tasty and fresh- not the best but certainly good by Chinese standards. We had the house white wine from South Africa which was reasonably priced and tasted best had whilst in China. We all enjoyed the restaurant and service.

Visited April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“An excellent meal and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

It took us a little while to find as we tried the main entrance to the building with no luck so we had to go round the side where the entrance to the underground car park is to find the entrance. The food was very good - great bruschetta with very tasty tomatoes and very tasty pasta with arrabbiata sauce and bacon. The trio of deserts to share was very generous. They had a good wine selection at reasonable prices - something that we has not really found in other restaurants. The waiter was very attentive and the service impeccable. One of the nicest Italian meals I have had for a long time and great value for money.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Good food and price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Was al little bit difficult to find but once we came out of the elevator on the 11th floor and found the door to the restaurant we where surprises by the nice atmosphere. The food was good and the price was right. Don't expect the best Italian food but the oil and vinegar and details are good. We had nice staters like the tomato mozzarella with good basil sauce. As main pizza which was fresh out the oven. It would recommend this place to anybody who wants to have a break from the local Chinese food!

Mississauga, Canada
“Lucky there's no competition”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've been coming to Xi'an for 2 months/year for about 6 years now. Colabo used to be one of the best restaurants in the city, but that was when there was little competition. The food and dining room are average (great for Western food in Xi'an). The service is friendly, but inflexible and lazy. At my last visit, my friend and I ordered the exact same pasta at the same time. The two orders arrived 30 minutes apart. Maybe it's their strategy - I ended up eating extra bread while I waited, which they charged me for. I tried to change my order to something faster, but they told me it was impossible. My friend was Chinese and very proud to be taking me there, so I didn't want him to lose face by cancelling my order and complaining. Otherwise, there's no way I would have waited so long for 200g of pasta.
This restaurant would not survive amid experienced, professional competition.

• Visited December 2013