“An excellent meal and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Isola del Nord Italy Restaurant

Isola del Nord Italy Restaurant
XiHuaMen 1 KaiAi Mansion b Tower 11 Floor, Xi'an, China (Formerly Colabo Italy Restaurant)
029-87201501,029-87201502
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,597 restaurants in Xi'an
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“An excellent meal and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

It took us a little while to find as we tried the main entrance to the building with no luck so we had to go round the side where the entrance to the underground car park is to find the entrance. The food was very good - great bruschetta with very tasty tomatoes and very tasty pasta with arrabbiata sauce and bacon. The trio of deserts to share was very generous. They had a good wine selection at reasonable prices - something that we has not really found in other restaurants. The waiter was very attentive and the service impeccable. One of the nicest Italian meals I have had for a long time and great value for money.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Good food and price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Was al little bit difficult to find but once we came out of the elevator on the 11th floor and found the door to the restaurant we where surprises by the nice atmosphere. The food was good and the price was right. Don't expect the best Italian food but the oil and vinegar and details are good. We had nice staters like the tomato mozzarella with good basil sauce. As main pizza which was fresh out the oven. It would recommend this place to anybody who wants to have a break from the local Chinese food!

Mississauga, Canada
“Lucky there's no competition”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've been coming to Xi'an for 2 months/year for about 6 years now. Colabo used to be one of the best restaurants in the city, but that was when there was little competition. The food and dining room are average (great for Western food in Xi'an). The service is friendly, but inflexible and lazy. At my last visit, my friend and I ordered the exact same pasta at the same time. The two orders arrived 30 minutes apart. Maybe it's their strategy - I ended up eating extra bread while I waited, which they charged me for. I tried to change my order to something faster, but they told me it was impossible. My friend was Chinese and very proud to be taking me there, so I didn't want him to lose face by cancelling my order and complaining. Otherwise, there's no way I would have waited so long for 200g of pasta.
This restaurant would not survive amid experienced, professional competition.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Xi'an, China
“It's good because there's little else...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have been to Colabo a few times while in Xi'an as I visit here regularly due to business. It's standard Italian fare but can be hit and miss. Some pizzas are good some are just covered in ingredients and cheesed to death. Food a tad over priced I feel. Caesar salad really is terrible and don't ask for any variations to any dish as you are likely to get a "No" as a response. The chocolate pudding desert is great though. Portions seem to keep getting smaller. Décor is very basic. However, it's still the best Italian food in Xi'an, so there you have it...

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avignon, France
“Go for the classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have heard about this restaurant when asking for western food (after 10 days of Chinese food non-stop, a break is always well appreciated).
The location is a bit strange, as it is in an office building. But once inside, you forget about how you came in.
Fuwuyuan are very welcoming.
My friend and I shared a carpaccio as a starter, delicious! Then she went for a pizza while I tried the salmon. The pizza was perfect, while my salmon was good, but nothing really special.
Panacotta as a dessert was a good choice. We haven't tried any other.

Price is very fair, considering the quality of the food.
Recommendation: go for the classic pizza, you won't be disappointed! ;)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Isola del Nord Italy Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Isola del Nord Italy Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.