“Tang Dynasty Show & Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$123*
and up
Small-Group Tour: Terracotta Warriors, Dumpling...
Ranked #25 of 50 Activities in Xi'an
4.0 of 5 stars 364 Reviews
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tang Dynasty Song & Dance Troupe performs Chang'an music and dances that originated in the Tang Dynasty of Chinese history more than a thousand years ago.
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Tang Dynasty Show & Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The show was excellent ,We were right at the front although a couple of rows back might have been better, the meal was also very Good, The singing & dancing were Brilliant, well worth seeing.Nice theatre for the show.

Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cairns, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“I'm not an Opera person, but this was pretty good!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have never been a big fan of Opera style performances, but I have to admit that being accompanied with my wife and two teenagers, we all agreed that this was well worth the visit. The food was nice, not outstanding, and we found that there was enough good quality food for the evening. Due to the layout to watch the performance after the meal, the tables are in a set position which makes it hard for the waiters. Yet the service was good also. The performance itself was fast and entertaining. A bit of everything to please everyone. Would I do it again? Yeah, I reckon I would. So yes, worth a visit.

Australia
3 attraction reviews
“One the best parts of my travels in China”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have lived in China (Hangzhou) in 2003, but I traveled through from Shanghai to Dun Huang to Urumqi to Kashgar and then to karakul and stopped by xi'an on my way home. To be honest - I like quiet places, my holidays are room for thought as much as anything else, but xi'an was amazing. The tour guide who showed us through the Terracotta Army took me aside and showed me this theatre of which I had no idea. I have been a fan of Andreas Vollenweider for a number of years, and now I know where he got lot of his inspiration from. The music and theatre is amazing.

When you consider they do this day to day, this is pretty special.

I'll grant - the food is pretty ordinary, not questions there, but you are not there for that, and the fact that people are allowed to smoke in ther, at least they were when I went (2010) it does detract a but. But the skills of the artists is extrordinary. No question, and thanks.

Visited November 2012
Solihull, United Kingdom
155 attraction reviews
“Great costumes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Dinner prior to the show was good (unlike other reviews). We had excellent seats giving a good view of the show. Terrific costumes, dancing and music - plenty of photo opportunities. Well worth going to.

UK
16 attraction reviews
“Dumplings and dancing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Unlike some of the other reviews, we thought the additional price for the dumpling dinner was well worth the extra - you were dining in the knowledge that you were already where you needed to be, and it just added to the fun of the evening. Are they Xian's greatest dumplings? No idea - but we enjoyed them.

There's absolutely no debate about the show, though. It's a stunning visual feast with delightful music and, at an hour long, it's just the perfect length.

Dumplings and dancing - an excellent combination.