“A nice surrounding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)

Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)
Enci Temple The southern part of Yata Road, Yanta District, Xi'an 710061, China
029-85535014
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta) like an insider
Top Rated
$87*
and up
Xi'an Full Day Sightseeing Tour - Shaanxi History...
Ranked #10 of 318 things to do in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the grounds of the Jianfu Temple, this pagoda (circa 652 A.D.) is considered on of the most famous in China due to its antiquity and historical relevance in connection with Buddha.
Asia
14 attraction reviews
“A nice surrounding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came there and walked around to find the way up the temple but couldn't find out. We saw high walls again & again. So we just walked around in leisure in the nice garden and took some photos. Many city buses pass this place. Just remember the Chinese name starting with the word big for this pagoda and you can catch the bus.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Guangzhou, China
13 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Pagoda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I saw this pagoda early in the morning while the sun was just starting to rise. It was breath taking. The history and stillness of the morning was a joy. I visited in December 2012, so it was about 0 degrees celsius, so if you go in the winter make sure to bundle up because it gets cold. I saw several monks wandering around the grounds. It was a very interesting place to visit.

Visited December 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
68 attraction reviews
“Interesting temple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The temple was good - full of interesting artefacts and our volunteer guide was interesting right up to the point of trying to make us buy some paintings. We didn't appreciate that.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a first trip to a Pagoda and it helped to have a private tour guide. She was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a really interesting history of Buddhism and this Pagoda. I would think Spring and Summer would be a great time to visit. The flowers were in bloom and made for great photos

İzmir
34 attraction reviews
“Climb to the top !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The scenery from the top worths to climb there .It is more than 200 steps but I did not feel tired .You may feel the energy if you listen to yourself,that was so surprising for me,I am a Muslim but felt so pure when I prayed there.Moreover, Iprayed there for my son-I donot know why- and when I returned home ,I learned that my son had a very bad traffic accident and rescued alive after one day I prayed.

Visited May 2013