“Wonderful Pagoda” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)

Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)
Enci Temple The southern part of Yata Road, Yanta District, Xi'an 710061, China
029-85535014
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Recommended
$139*
and up
Xi'an Private Tour: Terracotta Warriors, City...
Ranked #11 of 318 things to do in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the grounds of the Jianfu Temple, this pagoda (circa 652 A.D.) is considered on of the most famous in China due to its antiquity and historical relevance in connection with Buddha.
Guangzhou, China
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Pagoda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I saw this pagoda early in the morning while the sun was just starting to rise. It was breath taking. The history and stillness of the morning was a joy. I visited in December 2012, so it was about 0 degrees celsius, so if you go in the winter make sure to bundle up because it gets cold. I saw several monks wandering around the grounds. It was a very interesting place to visit.

Visited December 2012

74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Interesting temple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The temple was good - full of interesting artefacts and our volunteer guide was interesting right up to the point of trying to make us buy some paintings. We didn't appreciate that.

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a first trip to a Pagoda and it helped to have a private tour guide. She was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a really interesting history of Buddhism and this Pagoda. I would think Spring and Summer would be a great time to visit. The flowers were in bloom and made for great photos

Visited April 2013
İzmir
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Climb to the top !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The scenery from the top worths to climb there .It is more than 200 steps but I did not feel tired .You may feel the energy if you listen to yourself,that was so surprising for me,I am a Muslim but felt so pure when I prayed there.Moreover, Iprayed there for my son-I donot know why- and when I returned home ,I learned that my son had a very bad traffic accident and rescued alive after one day I prayed.

Visited May 2013
Warsaw, Poland
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Place to Worship”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It is a landmark of Xi'an. The Pagoda used to hold sutras and several Buddha relics brought by Xuanzang from India.

Visited May 2013