“terra cotta army in eyes of a local guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses

The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses
Qinling North Road, Lintong District, Xi'an 710600, China (Formerly The Terracotta Army,Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses)
029-3911961
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$700*
and up
2-Day Private Tour of Xi'an from Shanghai by...
Ranked #1 of 240 Attractions in Xi'an
4.5 of 5 stars 5,461 Reviews
Type: Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites, Monuments/ Statues, History Museums, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Museums
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: One of the most significant archaeological finds in the world, this 16,300-square-meter excavation reveals more than 7,000 life-size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged in battle formations.
Xi'an, China
“terra cotta army in eyes of a local guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

As a local tour guide, i have been to this museum quite a lot of times, because the excavation work is still going on, every time i go is even a "new" trip for me, new findings keep occuring in my eyes, especially the facial appearances of those mighty warriors, some are smileing, some are very solemn, some are even peeping at fellow standing beside him. i always try my best to tell every detailed findings i know to my guests. of course, at the same time some of my guests are very professional and observant, i also learned a lot from them.
hoping every tourist to my hometown have a pleasant and meaningful trip.

Visited November 2012

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
“A World Attraction For The Next 3 Century's Unearthed In 1974 by Captain Rick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I suppose, next to "The Great Wall" this is the most well known Attraction In China. The size is impressive to say the least. What is most unique about the Terracotta Warrior find is that almost 40 years on the excavation is still going but at a cleverly managed pace. This World Wonder barring any natural forces of destruction will continue to bring the Tourist from both within and Global for many a Century to come.
I was there on a Sunday and was lucky enough to meet the Farmer whose land this incredible find was discovered on, and he signs peoples books that are purchased at the Souviner Shop. The new exhibit being "The Crown Of The Bronze was also on show when I visited, so we were presented with the full package, the whole sprawling 3 pits, The Horse & Chariot unveiling and the sprawling grounds and beautifully manicured gardens makes this a "bucket lister" and everyone that is able should see this for themselves.

Visited November 2012
Wombourne
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was thrilled with the site. I did not realise how vast the excavation pits were and our guide Maggie was very knowledgeable and explained everything to us. I have read one contributors report saying how dark it was which is true at the far end but the natural light as you enter No 1 pit was good and you could take photos without any problem. Our guide explanined that one of the pits was not yet fully excavaged because when the statues are exposed to the air all the colour bleeds out and they are keeping them covered until they discober a way of releasing them and preserving the colour.

The site in general is very well organised and clean and you didn't need to take a deep breath before entering the loo!

On the downside the official photographer was not "switched on" he took our photo at number one pit and said the photo would be delivered to our hotel. We did not receive it until completing check-out even though it had the room number, so we just put it in the carry-on bag until we got to the airport only to find it was two other people and not us! We phoned and arranged to leave the print at Xian airport and a week after arriving home we received the correct photo but it was so bad we looked awful.

Visited October 2012
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Not as great as it is made out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was very excited when me and 2 friends made the trip to the warriors but the first pit is the one with all the warriors and from there it was just more of the same but on a smaller scale. My suggestion, work from pit 3 up to pit 1 so you get the best part last.

Visited December 2012
Shanghai, China
16 attraction reviews
“Dusty, but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The soldiers were done in great detail. Very fascinating. The kids were bored very quickly though. At the end there is a place that is like a fakes market. Be prepared to bargain if you want anything. Also, do not take the train to take you to the sight. It is literally a 50 foot walk. Not worth it.

Visited March 2012

Been to The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.