“Close to important places in Xi'an” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Xi'an Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Xi'an Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Xi'an Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.262 Fenghao East Road, Lianhu District, Xi'an 710077, China   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
¥100 off room rate
Ranked #29 of 1,849 hotels in Xi'an
Chennai (Madras), India
“Close to important places in Xi'an”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Staff are caring & very helpful. they provided the best option/suggestion.
Close to most of the important places/location in Xi'a.
Neat & clean rooms. Rooms are quite being in very busy locaton.

Dinner buffet had good spread (for vegis also). BF has neat spread. They guided the best way to travel during busy hrs & lean hrs. Excelent hotel... want to plan a longer stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
SheratonXian, Hotel Management Team at Sheraton Xi'an Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Greetings Mouli_Prabha,

Thanks you for choosing to staying in Sheraton Xian Hotel and taking time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasent stay with us and look forward to see you in future.

Our dinner buffet has always been highly recommended by our guests with a wide range of selection and fresh & tasty food presents. And our swimming pool is under constraction for now, and is expected to open at early this year, hopefully next time when you come back to our hotel, you will enjoy the fantastic swimming pool that we had.

641 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel had the best buffet breakfast of all the hotels I stayed at in China! The room and hotel are somewhat older, but well maintained and very clean. Nice room, all the amenities, and excellent room service. The person who took my order on both occassions spoke perfect English. Everything came fresh,hot and well presented.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SheratonXian, Hotel Management Team at Sheraton Xi'an Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Greetings Ellen K,

Thanks for choosing Sheraton Xian Hotel! We are so happy to hear that you like our hotel and had a pleasent stay. Our breakfast buffet has always been highly recommended by our guests with a wide range of selection and fresh & tasty food presents. Hope you can come back again and experience the consistent high quality of service of Sheraton Xian Hotel!

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just arrived today - check in was fantastic, as a SPG member they processed check in at the room so I didn't have to faff about at the counter.

Staff have been courteous and kind - and I think I may have gotten an upgrade (Booked a deluxe but the room appears to be much bigger than the pic shown), I'm not sure what a normal deluxe would entail, but the room I'm in isn't your standard looking hotel room. This has a big bed, chaise lounge, sofa, armchair, coffee table, another small table with two seats and a desk and chair and a platter of apples. Way too much space for just one person but I'm not complaining. :)

The only downside is the air conditioning - I seem to have arrived in the middle of some freak change in weather where the temperature has dropped 10 degrees overnight, but officially, heating hasn't started, so the air conditioning won't work for both hot and cold settings. Just my luck cos I'm running a slight fever and could use some form of ventilation in the room.

I have noticed though that this policy is common everywhere for buildings in China, so it's not entirely their fault.

Still I found it odd that I didn't have any form of ventilation in the room, the air con simply wasn't blowing any air in. Unfortunately I am in a room that has a sealed glass panel for a window so I can't get any outside air in even if I wanted to.

To their credit I got a call from the service desk asking if they could do anything to make me feel better, e.g call a doctor or get some blankets / etc up for me. I said I was burning up and needed some air, even a fan would do, and so housekeeping showed up with an electric fan - and I'm feeling much , much better now.

Location wise, this place seems out of the center but nothing a taxi ride wouldn't fix.

Small details like the info folder and room service menu binders were falling apart, which isn't a big deal but if you're OCD this could really annoy you.

Oh, and I did a dust spot test on the wardrobe ledge and am happy to announce that I didn't find any dust.

Overall this hotel has great service and is clean and does the job as your regular 5* hotel, comfortable and really efficient...- if you're looking for something extra special and unique though, I'm sure there are better options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Greetings cheryltan,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Xian Hotel and taking time to share your experience with us!

We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay here and felt comfortable in our hotel. Sheraton Xian Hotel as the first international 5-star hotel in North-West China is always working on improving hotel facilities. Hope you had been well for now and we really appreicate for your kindly suggestion on how we can be better and our hotel management team has already known about the advise.

We hope to welcome you again during your next stay in Xi'an, China.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My company has a facility in Xi'an, in the Industrial Zone. I travel here fairly frequently as part of the job that I do. The Sheraton in Xi'an is a wonderful "home away from home" in that I am always treated very well by the Staff, the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed and honestly has one of the best buffets (Breakfast and Dinner) that I have had anywhere. Also, the gym is exceptionally well appointed and offers a great work-out experience (nice modern machines and choice).

I am actually staying here as we speak for the next 2 weeks. I look forward to same attention and warm detail. I highly recommend this hotel and it's staff for anyone staying in Xi'an for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SheratonXian, Hotel Management Team at Sheraton Xi'an Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Greetings Steven S,

Our Gym well known as"Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core® Performance". The Sheraton fitness program was created in partnership with world-renowned personal training experts Core Performance to keep guests at their peak at all times. You can take part in state-of-the-art fitness centers, specialized in-room and restaurant dining options, a custom website with online fitness programs and more.

Also, Our swimming pool is under constraction for now, and is expected to be finished at the end of this year, hopefully next time when you come back to our hotel, you will enjoy the fantastic swimming pool that we had.

Hope you can come back again to us and experience the consistent high quality of service of Sheraton Brand!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Overall nice hotel, good bar and service. Staff tried hard to please and deliver although it was hard at times to make ourselves understood. Restaurant service was not great and service was confused. We ended up paying more for 1 night in xian than 4 nights in Beijing

• Stayed October 2012
Greetings Timandjesus ,

Thank you for staying in Sheraton Xian Hotel and taking time to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry that the hotel did not meet your expection.

Sheraton Xian Hotel as the first international 5-star hotel in North-West China is always working on improving hotel facilities. Please accept our sincere appologize for any services shortfalls and also we're upgrading not only our facilities but also our service standard from time to time to serve our guest better. We hope to welcome you again during your next stay in Xi'an, China.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Sheraton in Xi'an and was a bit disappointed in this hotel. First impressions are great -- it looks very impressive and the rooms are very well appointed. But there seem to be some construction quality issues behind the good looks -- as just one example, I think everyone on our tour reported that their shower flooded their entire bathroom. I was supposed to be in a non-smoking room, but my room had a definite smoke-odour and there seemed to be smoke coming through the vents or something from another room.
The breakfast buffet was fine (not the best on the trip, but certainly good selection) and the pool was also very nice. The lobby was very spacious and a good place to use the free lobby wifi.
The hotel is located outside the city wall and if I was going to be spending any time on my own in Xi'an, I think I'd prefer to be inside the wall. There didn't seem to be much in the immediate area of the hotel, although there is a street market located a block behind the hotel which was moderately interesting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
SheratonXian, Hotel Management Team at Sheraton Xi'an Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Greetings schweiz2816,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Brand Hotel and taking time to share your experience with us. There are 2 Sheraton hotels in Xi'an city, one is us, Sheraton Xian Hotel; the other is Sheraton Xian North City Hotel. Our swimming pool is under construction now, and is expected to be finished at the end of this year, next time when you come back to Xi'an City, please choose our hotel, and you will enjoy the fantastic swimming pool that we had.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you want to pay a good price and stay in a very decent hotel, Sheraton is your place. Do not expect a 5 star treatment from the staff (that will struggle to speak in english with you), but they try to be kind all the time. Rooms are very spacious and the restaurant is nice. By the time I was there, the President of Brazil (Ms. Dilma) and her staff were all in the hotel - which obliged us to face a huge security screening before entering the hotel.

Negative aspect: there is nothing to do on walking distances. You will have to take a cab to go to the old town, which will take around 15 minutes if the traffic is ok.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
SheratonXian, Hotel Management Team at Sheraton Xi'an Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Greetings akiakola,

Hotel Management Team

Been to Sheraton Xi'an Hotel? Share your experiences!