“YUM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of First noodle under the sun

First noodle under the sun
Hanguang Road (South Section), Yanta,, Xi'an, China
Description: 029-85398299
Florence, Oregon
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

SOOO GOOOD that i went twice. Definately one of the best meals EVER! Good quality, selection and service. COLD BEER! good menus and excellent staff. good english and definately worth the trip.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fast and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very convenient for our hotel (Westin) as right beside fountain end of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Compared to many restuarants in China the menu offered a good variety of choice even for those of us less inclined to intestines and feet. In particular the lamb pockets were very good. Portions are large so it is easy to over order but prices were reasonable so not an issue. Yes you were asked to pay in advance but this is common in China and service was super quick.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Good and English Menus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The easiest location to find is on the northwest corner of the Big Goose Pagoda complex by the pedestrian overpass. Their specialty is a dipping noodle but I ordered the Biang Biang noodle. The order taker didn't speak English but some of the staff did. Picture menu provided with some crazy English translations. Questions asked when ordering were how many of each dish I wanted, if I wanted my Pepsi cold or room temperature, if I wanted my noodles spicy or not, and that I had to pay first (after ordering). Food was good but not extraordinary.

Visited May 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“We went back to this restaurant for our one week trip in Xian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

One of the best meal we had in Xian. The noodle is Good. We ordered to dishes with different type of noodle to try and they were good. However, when we ordered other dishes in the menu, we were surprised on the taste, WOW.. Yummy.. Good Taste, Good Quality Food. Our Group is so impressed and decide to go back to try it once again before leaving Xian and not disappoint at all. GREAT.

The price is also reasonable. We consider it was cheap compared to the service, taste and quality of food we got.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Xi'an, China
“Getting worse. Amnesiac waitresses and poorer quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I live opposite this place more or less, so I see it all the time, I know how busy it is and how popular with the travel guides, really for reasons best known to themselves. If you're a tourist who is close to the pagoda and really has no choice then this place will do, but I was tempted into a repeat visit lately and was reminded why I don't come here anymore. The waitresses really are more bovine than the norm, they forgot our order twice! Then the beer was warm when they said 'yes they do have cold beer', very frustrating but they opened it first so it was a hassle trying to reject it. Yes you can get all your authentic food here, and if you're a tourist the silly menu is rather amusing, but after a while it becomes irritating not cute. There are far better, more organised and better value places away from the pagoda.

• Visited April 2013