“Painful experience” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 1,485 Restaurants in Xi'an
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is a dance and music show in which a dumpling dinner is also included.
London
“Painful experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent an evening at the Tang Dynasty, where we had a dumpling banquet to start followed by the music and dance show.

The dumpling banquet itself was fine - I particularly enjoyed the dumplings which were shaped into animals. However, many of them really pretty bland and I have definitely tasted better. I'd recommend asking around for a better dumpling banquet, as I'm sure you could find better in Xi'an.

But the real disappointment was the show - it was extremely tacky, and the only real talent was a lady playing wind pipes and a trumpet player. Other than that, I couldn't wait for the show to be over. The theatre itself is old and grubby, and could really do with a make over.

We paid 300RMB each for the experience, which in my opinion was a total rip off. If you have any alternative plans for an evening, I would do that.

Visited October 2012

Los Angeles, California
“A better version of a Vegas show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I expected this show to be touristy and a little over the top but was pleasantly surprised. The food they served at the beginning was actually quite good. The show had terrific costumes and the people in the show were very talented. The theater was very nice and comfortable. I would highly recommend seeing this show if you are in Xi'an.

Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Interesting for a little while”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have to admit to not having an ear for Chinese music and an understanding of Chinese dancing so I found the show repetitious and quite boring after a while. When we had enough of the sumptuous dumpling feast we left early.

Visited December 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“Really enjoyed the Tang Dynasty Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Firstly, excellent food and service. The Show itself was extremely beautiful, creative and dramatic. It was a terrific evening, all in all.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoy Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are stuck for ideas to kill your night time, Tang Dynasty Show is your best choice. Tang Dynasty is considered the most prosperous dynasty in all directions such as politics, economy, diplomacy, art, literature and so on. Tang Dynasty style dance and music can showcase the prosperity with the form of music and dance. You can taste the delicious dumplings with different shapes (Dumpling Feast) before appreciating show. There are two major venues to put on the performance – Shaanxi Song & Dance Theatre and Tang Dynasty Palace.I once watch it with my friends. It is very nice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Tang GeWu He JiaoZi Yan? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tang GeWu He JiaoZi Yan, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.