“Excellent accommodation in Xi'an ...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Xian Titan Times Hotel

You added Xian Titan Times Hotel to your Saves list
Xian Titan Times Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.360 Huancheng West Road North, Lianhu District, Xi'an 710082, China   |
Ranked #26 of 2,158 Hotels in Xi'an
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent accommodation in Xi'an ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of an organised tour and we're very surprised by the quality and service. It seems we were upgraded to a suite which was large, clean and very comfortable.

The hotel provided excellent complimentary wifi, breakfast options catered for all tastes and the staff were friendly, courteous and helpful.

It is also located close to the city wall (magnificent) and a park to relax in, join in with the locals in some exercise, or just people watch!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here as part of tour group, ans was fortunate enough to be placed in an executive suite. It was large and wonderful and certainly caused me to overcome any misgivings I may have had about not being placed in the advertised hotel. The hotel was clean and fresh, and service was excellent. The breakfast was extensive and varied, with staff being very attentive. The omelete station was a treat.

Across the road is a wonderful park for meandering and observing local enjoying the outdoors. If lucky, you may get invited to join table tennis, badminton , dancing or even whip cracking. Access to the wall is good, although it is a fair distance form the belltower and surrounding attractions. Best take an inexpensive taxi if planning to visit that area at night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel on a 10 day tour of China in March 2014. The room, or should I say suite, was very impressive. We had a beautiful view of the city of X'ian. The room had 2 x toilets, a large bathroom with a separate shower and full size bath, a large roomy bedroom with king size bed, a food servery, a lounge room etc. The room was clean and comfortable and the air con worked well.
A full breakfast was included and it had a good range of foods both western & Asian.
We were very happy with the location and standard of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Booked as part of Gate 1 tour. We were given a suite with a living room and desk. Hotel is adjacent to the west gate and about a 45min walk to the Bell tower.

Beware of items "missing" at check out. Even ridiculous things as a do not disturb sign.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Not really knowing where to say in Xi'an, I chose this hotel due to its price and proximity to the wall. (The west gate is only a 10-15 minute walk away. Walk towards the wall and once through the arch turn right & walk straight.) There are many bus stops nearby (Take bus #103 from the train station and get off in 8 stops. It's only 8 rmb) and many pedicabs at night which is great, because taxis suck in Xi'an. A pedicab from Titan times to the muslim quarter/drum tower is around 20-25 rmb. The hotel was super clean and they upgraded me to a suite since they weren't able to accommodate my request for a city-wall facing room. The bathroom was large and clean and the AC worked like a dream. The streets can be a bit noisy in the AM, but higher floors will eliminate the issue. We didn't try the breakfast because right across the street is a lot of delicious restaurants for much less than 80 rmb. The tv worked fine and had a few English channels. They also had free wifi which worked quite well on both my ipad and laptop. Even though I lost the deposit slip, they returned my deposit and they can mail postcards to America for only 5 rmb. My only negative about the hotel is that a building was being built right outside our window which meant there were people who could look directly into our windows. I didn't experience any issues with mini bar or damage charges, however we were able to speak Chinese with the front desk so that may have helped. All in all, for the price, location and cleanliness, I would give this hotel a 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: I would request a room higher up to avoid street noise. If you request a certain view that they cann...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed May 11-13 as part of Gate1 tour. I stayed at one of the Executive rooms in the 22nd floor. The room is very spacious and clean with a living room , bedroom and 1.5 bathroom. The bed is stiff for me but I think this is standard in China. You get a good view of city with its city walls (very nice @ night). Breakfast selection is abundant and filling; just make sure you bring the right date of breakfast voucher. They have a nice fitness centre but I wish it can be a 24 hr facility. Location-wise, they are closer to the metro (20 mins to the Drum/Bell Towers) and downtown centre.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Booked this hotel because many good evaluations found. On our arrival, the hotel could not find our reservation, and they spent 3 days looking for it. I paid all 6 night in advance when booked online. The receptionist told me that if they couldn't find, then they will charge me again on credit card, and give me money back when they finally find the reservation.
The worst part is our check out. We were asked to pay non-existing beers from minibar of our room. We had to pay so that we can leave to chatch our flight, but it's wrong!
Their personal never sure about what they say, and tell you to wait but never answer you back.
The room is over-rated, compared to other 4 star hotels, this is 3 star the most.
For how much their rooms cost, you can find much better in Xi'An.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Xian Titan Times Hotel? Share your experiences!