“Room was so hot I thought I was in a Sauna” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Xian Titan Times Hotel

You added Xian Titan Times Hotel to your Saves list
Xian Titan Times Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.360 Huancheng West Road North, Lianhu District, Xi'an 710082, China   |
Ranked #29 of 2,171 Hotels in Xi'an
CT
“Room was so hot I thought I was in a Sauna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I read about the warnings to not stay here because they will accuse you of breaking things in the room but I am glad our tour group stayed here. No one had this happen to them. Our guide told us the charges are usually for mini bar items, not for anything being broken. They did ask me about the mini bar and I told them I looked but did not take anything. They did send someone up to the room while I was at the checkout counter and then they called down to say everything was fine so I had no problem. The bed is so hard when I first sat on it I thought it was a table instead of a bed or mattress. We talked about it as a group and agreed that if you put the spare comforter on the bed and sleep on that it helps. My biggest problem was that the heat was on in the hotel until end of March and it was about 80 in my room, in fact most of the folks in my group were so hot we could not stand it. The hotel suggested we turn off the fan or heat and a/c altogether and open the windows while we were out for the day to get the room cooled down. It helped. Having the windows open at night made it cool down faster but the road noise from outside was very loud. This hotel is in a very busy area with other hotels, a spa type health facility for only Chinese folks, and small stores all around it so if you are looking for a quiet place to stay this is not the place for you. It IS very close to the city wall, the moat, and many small parks and lots of small stores and restaurants. All of our rooms were suites and quite large. The bathroom was nicely appointed. I loved the bath robe and slippers they provided. There were only a few English speaking channels on the TV. Breakfast was ok. There were more Asian foods on the breakfast buffet than Western type offerings but there was an egg/omelet station where they would make you eggs any way you wanted them. The hallways were very clean as was the lobby area. The gift shop had lots of nice things to purchase and the prices seemed very reasonable.

Room Tip: My room was on he 20th floor so I think the higher up you are the better so you don't hear the s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

WE stayed here as part of our tour in China with China Tours. I was very impressed with the location which was next to the City wall and a short walk away from the city center. The rooms were huge and beautifully decorated. The only draw back were the incredibly hard beds. It felt like you were sleeping on the bed board. Even though the hotel offered free wifi, it was not offered in the rooms which was a bit disappointing. We had an overall positive experience in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Never in my life have I had a room so large. TWO bathrooms!!! It was absolutely beautiful. The only drawback was no free wifi in the room.

I wish we had the opportunity to stay longer because this place was beautiful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Do not stay at this Titan Times Hotel in Xi'an, China.

We were part of a tour group that stayed at this hotel for two nights ( November 21 and 22, 2013).

On the morning of Nov. 23, 2013 at check out, housekeeping and other hotel staff assessed rooms (customers and tour guide were not present as witnesses; plus no list supplied for check-in and check-out identifying all hotel room items).

As a result, a number of us in our tour group fell victim to a scam and were set up by hotel staff. It turns out that housekeeping/other hotel staff staged rooms by placing broken items or switching/removing good condition items from our rooms. (i.e They placed broken mirrors, cups etc...-- we know this because we were asked by reception staff and tour guide to accompany them to the rooms after to check it--- only to find things very different, items that we never used were now broken).  Hotel staff therefore  made  many accusations of group members which were obviously false claims.  Trying to defend ourselves we were then threatened by reception that they will get police involvement if we did not quickly pay up front.  It was their word against ours and they knew we did not have the evidence to back us up ( unless we already took pictures of proof for every single little detail in our rooms).  In the end, we decided it was not worth the hassle of getting involved in their country's legal system. Not being fluent in their language, we would not understand them anyway, and would only lead to more trouble.  Trying to further defend ourselves would be a waste of our time, money, and we would miss our flight and the rest of our vacation in China.

Reluctantly,  group members ended up paying large amounts of RMB money for items we never used, touched, and some items we didn't  even know were suppose to be in the rooms.

This is definitely  a dangerous and scary scam. If hotel staff are capable of pulling this off and getting away with highway robbery, what more can they frame you for?!

This horrible experience is being shared in hopes of bringing this scam to the attention of all tourists. If Titan Times Hotel wants to attract more tourists, they should re-think what they are doing and not treat their guests this way. We hope other tourists will learn from this and/or come forward with similar experiences and tips.

• Stayed November 2013
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Tour East group party of 41 people encountered on check out a shakedown. One person was required for bottled water that they did not use from the mini bar, another charged for a chipped cup and a third charged for a cracked mirror. Be aware if you use this hotel keep evidence of your room condition on arrival. Otherwise avoid this fraudulent activity.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Best things: enourmous rooms, with a living room well furnished and comfortable. Tv in the living room and in the bedroom. Bathroom with both shower and bathtub. Worst things:location (outside the city centre), an horrible smell of fuel on our floor for the entire stay, the bathroom wasn' t cleaned up very well.the wifi didn't work well. I wasn't very impressed with this hotel..

• Stayed October 2013
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel is next to city's ancient wall. So it's just 5 minutes to the downtown.
The room was quite big. There is a kettle, free wired internet but no Wi-Fi in the room. Wi-Fi is only in the lobby. And it's as well free. Staff's English is very poor. My room was in building "B" and it was a little uncomfortable to get there from the reception as they are in separate buildings. Therefore the rooms in building "B" are cheaper. All my 3 days I spent there the city was under smog. Maybe that's why the towels were grey.

Room Tip: Rooms in main building must be better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Xian Titan Times Hotel? Share your experiences!