We stumbled upon this hostel by mistake, and are glad that we did. We had a hard time finding availability in double rooms around Xi'an on that particular night, and were walking around when we happened to spot this place.
The hostel is in a beautiful building, with warm lighting and gorgeous Chinese style decoration. The bar, lobby and restaurant all look very clean, with comfortable and private seating. We didn't ever eat at the hostel, as we had heard that if is quite expensive.
Most of the staff members speak English quite well, and were very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
Our room was a tad on the cramped side, but none-the-less it was attractive and warm. The colours in the room were a nice change from the blank hostels we've stayed in before. The beds and pillows were soooooo comfortable, which was a first since we'd arrived in China. The bathroom was a bit old and run down, but in spite of this, it was as clean as it could be, and the hot water was reliable. The windows let in quite a bit of noise though, so be prepared to listen to a bit of horn honking, vendor squawking, and dog barking.
The hostel is in a good location - within easy walking distance to the city wall south gate, shopping centres, street food markets, etc.
Overall, I'd stay here again, and we were sad to say goodbye to our little room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xiangzimen International Youth HostelWe are in downtown,close to the city wall,bell tower,drum tower and the muslim street. We are within walking distance to 'food Street' and many places of interest making us a perfect base for all backpackers!our address in pinyin: nan men li,xiang zi miao,shi liu hao。 Xiangzimen youth hostel truly is a home-away-from-home with unique features such as red lanterns, carved stone benches and giant vessels filled with vibrant fish adding to the character of the place。Happy time: Pool table game at every night！Dumpling party-every friday night! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xiangzimen International Youth Hotel Xi`An
- Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel China/Shaanxi