“excellent place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Guilin

Save Saved
You added Club Med Guilin to your Saves list
Club Med Guilin
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   the Junction of Dayan Road and 026 Country Road, Dabu Country, Yanshan District, Guilin 541000, China (Formerly Club Med Guilin Holiday Resort)   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #5 of 470 hotels in Guilin
shanghai
“excellent place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Really a nice place to have holidays. Golf, tennis, Rock climbing... i tried many sports and all the G.Os are nice and cool. The food here is good and I had almost different kinds of food everyday. For sure I will choose clubmed for next holiday. Maybe Guilin again!

• Stayed May 2014

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent whole week there between 20th to 27th April, but we did not have it enough, so many activities and so little time!

GOs are amazing, we could not have enjoyed it so much without their accompany and smile. Adi, Mark, Jono, Cam Cam, Tina, Jade, Alit, Jaffa, Mackinzie, Roman, Chris, Jerry, Rizal, Nicolas, Robert, Rian and Claudine…… (more GOs that I did not ask for name one by one, sorry), yes, you are the best!

When we just arrived the hotel around noon, Adi who works at the bar on night shift came to the front desk voluntary offered to bring us to our room and showed us around, it wasn't even his working hour yet. Was very touched by the GOs service mind! During the week, whenever we met him, he was greeting us and chatting to us like an old friend with big smile. Of course, he also makes perfect cocktails!

Thanks to the mini club team, they took my 7 years daughter in and made her dance (haha, who does not normally like to dance) and even preformed at the evening show, two thumbs up! Cam Cam, Tina, Jade, Coral, Lasia, Cathy, Gabriel, Eccho, Cilia, Joelb… big applause!

Most incredible activity I tired and felt in love with right away, is Trapeze, the circus team is so reliable that I just trusted them and threw myself in the air, I even successfully did the crazy "catch". Good job, Alit, Jaffa, Mackinzie, Misaki and Roman.

Chris and Jerry at the golf team, thanks for the patient, although I got huge blister on my left hand, I enjoyed it so much and will try to keep going on practice it.

Archery Rizal, always safety first, not only make us enjoy the activity, but in a safe way.

Jono, where does he got all this energy from?

Mark, the kids loved to have him at the dinner table, they asked so many questions and enjoyed the quiz game very much.

Robert and Rian, you guys got amazing voices!

And the restaurant manager ( sorry, I forgot to ask the name) who always being friendly and helpful to us.

to sum up, it was such a enjoyable holiday and made me write my first vacation review in my life.

Well, to be fare, I also want to mention things that can still be improved.
1) please put some hooks in the bathroom for towels
2) pillows and quilts need to be aired more often, they start to smell a little musty

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

As we arrived to the resort we were treated like VIP’s. We were welcomed and the GO’s that were so excited to see us it was so heart-warming.
Karim and his team went out of their way to make us feel like we at home. The GO’s were like family that made sure that every minute of our stay was excellent.
Jono, Adi, Jade, Nico, Lauren, Cam, Fanny, Mark, Claudine, Riyan, Jinny, Christopher, Sun, Robert Jeff, Rym, Nicolas, Gabi… and whoever I’ve missed were OUTSTANDING.
From the moment we woke up to the late till the early hours of the morning we had a GO always concerned about us. If we had gone out of the village every GO had enquired on our return how was our visit. It felt like true concern and we just amazed.
Jono and Jade wow you never went to bed until we slept we are thankful. Adi thank for spending all your time with us.
Jade my boys will never be the same we are indebted to you for your kindness.
The food was superb thanks to Safi who never felt we were away from home. Thank you.
Everything in Club med Guilin is picturesque the surroundings to all the sport and leisure there has to offer from, biking, rock-climbing, golf, tennis, karaoke, live shows, art, mini club, superb spa.
I could go on and on how fantastic our stay was….

Room Tip: The Suite is great
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The scenery is beautiful, nice environment. Facilities are not fully accessible, perhaps we went at the wrong timing. Food wise almost the same everyday, nothing fantastic. GO are friendly, no doubt about it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

it was our first club med experience. When me and my husband entered the lobby, we were amazed by the ambiance and the natural green surrounding. Room was cleaned, the only thing that was missing was towel hooks in the toilet. We loved the sofa and the extra blanket. Air-con & TV remotes are in Chinese difficult to understand :( . The food was awesome as well as the bar. Friendly GOs especially SATISHA & FENNY from the bar team, we would like to thank you both for the awesome hospitality !!! The yoga teacher (so sorry , i forgotten her name) thank you for giving me some useful yoga tips. I even received a gold medal on the stage and that was really COOL !! The cycling team brought us for the cycling tour, thank you so much !! We participated in Archery competition, my husband took the first place and me was in the fourth, we both received a gold medal, thank you RIZAL !!! How can i get my photos? Cause when we check-out, the photography section was closed :( . Last but not least, we are looking forward to visit this HAPPY VILLAGE again... :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We just spent 5D4N in Club Med Guilin from 25 - 29 Apr. The resort is located in a sprawling surroundings (with the help of a buggy, one can get from one spot to another in the resort easily). And as it's a fairly new resort, the rooms and facilities are still very new and clean.

We were blown away by the scenery that greeted us from the time we stepped into the resort. Rooms were very spacious too.

There were many activities (indoors and outdoors) available in the resort, e.g. Zumba fitness, rock climbing, pole dancing lessons, yoga, archery, golf, biking, indoor heated pool, outdoor pool, etc). We enjoyed our Zumba workout by Gabi, the G.O. in-charged of Zumba fitness. The rest of the G.Os. were fantastic as well. My son really enjoyed himself at the Petite/Mini Club too - special shout out to Nada (whom we also met when we were at Club Med Phuket).

The nightly shows by the G.O.s were entertaining and enjoyable. Free WIFI is available in the rooms as well as in parts of the resort. We also signed up for some excursion tours such as the Li River cruise and booked a cab to bring us to Yangshou "West St" for some shopping of local goodies.

Overall, it was an excellent vacation for the young, old and of course, the young at heart.

Two thumbs up and would definitely try to come back again.

Highly recommend Club Med Guilin for anyone who wishes to experience the beauty of Guilin and the all-inclusive vacation of Club Med.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable environment and excellent service is the best part of my vacation. You'll feel relaxed in such a good environment. GOs' meticulous care and attention gave me an unforgettable journey. If the next time I go to Guilin, Club Med Guilin will be my best choice.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Club Med Guilin? Share your experiences!