“Everything fine here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tai Lian Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guilin
Tai Lian Hotel
You added Tai Lian Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.12 Middle Zhongshan Road, Xiufeng District, Guilin 541002, China   |
Ranked #42 of 521 Hotels in Guilin
cleveland ohio, USA
“Everything fine here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We did not have any problems and found everything fine and clean. The room did not smell of smoke, although apparently smoking is permitted as the room had an ashtray. air conditioning working very well. We speak enough Chinese to manage without English. You may not find much English speaking help here. I rather enjoyed the more traditional Chinese look of the hotel and room. The bed are also more usual very firm Chinese mattress, so this may be an issue for Americans used to much softer bed. Great price and great location. We went to the hotel restaurant for fine dim sum breakfast, and other morning walked down the street to the bakery for coffee.

Stayed September 2013

Families
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I thought I was the only one experiencing this kind of problem.
Yes, it is true that this hotel practices a policy of turning off the air con in the afternoon and night time. Except for this issue, otherwise this hotel is acceptable for the rate that we are paying. The location is very convenient too. It's in the heart of the city center. Just a few steps, you can reach to whatever attractions that you want.
Stayed in this hotel for a few times last summer and winter. So, the best time to stay in this hotel is during winter, you don't need to bother about the air con.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

The air conditioning is controlled centrally. They decide when you need it and when you don't. Even in sweltering weather, they turn on the air conditioning at ~7:00 pm and turn it off anywhere between 3:00-6:00 am (I am writing this at 8:30 am from inside the hotel and the a/c has been off for a few hours; my inside room temperature is already 23 centigrade and the sun is only just coming up). In other words, there is NO AIR CONDITIONING on during the daytime, when the temperatures are well above 30 centigrade. When I complained, I was told that guests are out touring during the daytime and no guest has ever complained about not having air conditioning during the daytime.

I'm packing up today and moving to another hotel. I regret moving otherwise, as the service is good. Everything is basic and otherwise okay. However, it is deceptive and cruel to turn off the air conditioning and make the room you are paying for uninhabitable during the daytime.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

A cautious message to all members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were staying in hell through the night. The rooms were smelly, opaque windows, hard mattress, noise from the street throughout the night. All of us, in 2 rooms, were coughing through the night because the air inside filled with cigarette and stench. We were unable to sleep at all.

So members, STAY AWAY############

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

I stayed in the hotel during easter in 2010 and I'd say it was decent. nothing too special, but I wasn't expecting much so I was quite pleased with the hotel. The rooms were clean although a bit old fashioned and the location of the hotel was relatively good. Walking distance from the river and several restaurants nearby, although the food I had was not that special. They offer some basic room service with chinese and a few western items but I'd rather go and try out some Guilin Mi Fen on a side street.

I'm almost repeating myself by saying that the service was nothing special, but that's how this hotel was. In general I'd say it's a decent hotel and I wouldn't mind staying there again. Just don't expect anything too fancy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple