“Cheap and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jinjiang Inn (Guilin Qixing)

Save Saved
You added Jinjiang Inn (Guilin Qixing) to your Saves list
Jinjiang Inn (Guilin Qixing)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   No.50 Qixing Road, Qixing District, Guilin 541004, China   |
Ranked #14 of 518 Hotels in Guilin
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cheap and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place is a very good deal if you're travelling on a budget.
The rooms are clean and they provide you the basic bath stuff you need when travelling. They do your room every day and the air conditioner works fine. Is located right in front of a bus stop and it's 5 minutes away of the biggest park.
The only two downsides are 1. that the breakfast it's too asian, 2. while our stay there was a bunch of drunken chinese in our floor who didn't let us sleep. They yelled and laughed and slamed doors and the people at the reception didn't know how to handle it. They couldn't control them...! So at the end we had to change rooms to a smoker floor which wasn't so good.
The rest was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Vancouver, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Only stayed here for one night. The hotel is about 25 minutes from the airport. There is free buffet breakfast which the reception didn't mention to us when we checked in. Very average but it fills you up. Go have breakfast before checking out, apparently you insert your room card to verify you're a guest before you can have breakfast.

The hotel is supposed to be fairly new but the rooms have a very basic design and layout. However it is really cheap, we paid less than $30 for the night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Longueuil, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I went to sleep there from october 10-11-12 and although the first few minutes were a bit difficult coz we came from a 4-5 star hotel, we have adapted very fast. The water and shower function perfectly, the room was clean, the bed were hard (not confortable but good for my sore back) and finally i there was no English Channel. The aircon function very well and the room is quiet if you close the window. I don't think there is non smoking room in this hotel since we requested for one and we had ash tray in the 2 rooms we rent. I hate smoking smell so if I felt confortable then I think most people will.

Transport: Take a taxi or a motorcycle (fun). Both are cheap (10-30 yuan) and will bring you everywhere in the city.

Location: Need to take transport to go to downtown or to main tourist site.

Conclusion: Pretty good for price and the breakfast although chinese style was pretty good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I thought when I chose this hotel, I should put a very very low standard of expectation. I have a big doubt when choosing this hotel but at the same time I also have a high curiosity about how the experience will be when we stay there. It's because all the reviews I read in TripAdvisor, most of it written in Chinese. I came to a conclusion that this hotel is a favorite for the locals to stay. If it is a favorite one, what is the cause? Is it because it's unbelievably low price they offer you or is it because the overall quality of the hotel good? That is the big question I need to answer by just trying to stay there. I thought if it's only for one night and it turns to be a nightmare, then just let it be like that.

To my surprise, the hotel is very good in terms of almost everything. The room is spacious, clean, and gives you adequate amenities. Of course the bathroom doesn't look like what you see in 5 star hotel but it is clean. The restaurant meals are delicious, the front office are friendly, even though all of them can not speak English at all but they try their best to serve you.

The only weak point of this hotel (apart from the inability of the staffs to speak English) is that the lift is small and slow.

Next to the hotel, there is a small street where you can buy snacks, drinks, and meals from the stalls along it.

What really surprises me is that they can charge you with a very low price. I got the room only for USD 24.35 per night! I have never paid that small amount of money for a stay so I think it is really the best deal I've ever had in my life.

If you don't need to have a spa, gym, swimming pool and everything that comes with the 5 stars hotel, then this one is definitely hard to refuse for a good stay in Guilin.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
New Rochelle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

This was a nice Hotel. It new so everything was nice and clean. The room are plain, nothing really fancy. It could use some paintings or nice wall paper or both. The bathroom was very nice. Large mirrors, western style toilet (Chinese style will take me forever to get used too)My wife is Chinese and she enjoyed that too. The shower was humongous, as where the toiletries offered. If you needed a hairdryer, it's a phone call away. We had a standard room with 2 beds. One Queen and the other full size. My 7 year old niece enjoyed jumping on that. The beds where western style also, meaning soft (Chinese beds tend to be very uumm...firm to say the least. We where on the 3rd floor so the view was great but it wasn't bad either. It rained all 4 days we where there so renting an umbrella was easy. Just give a 5 Yuan deposit at the front desk, they give you a coin and put the coin in the slot and that unlocks your umbrella. Return it at the front when your done with it. The restaurant was adequate to me. Breakfast is discounted for hotel guess. It's buffet style at 25 Yuan (about $3.67) Banks with ATM's, restaurants, shopping is plentiful and all in walking distance or a short bus or taxi ride away. They're all cheap. Would I stay here again? I plan to, on my next trip sometime next year

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Jinjiang Inn (Guilin Qixing)? Share your experiences!