What a horrible experience! I can't believe that Expedia allows this property to be listed. I felt that my trust in Expedia's quality control was penalized. Expedia, please explain to me why I had to pay RMB 612 (approximately $100) when people only pay less than RMB 200 when booking somewhere? (see this site for example: http://hotels.ctrip.com/hotel/6590.html) Expedia, if you don't do your homework, I will do my homework somewhere else.
Here's some things that show how ridiculous this hotel is:
1. Dirty everywhere. The carpet's clearly not been cleaned. Bed sheet has some type of human hair and blood stain on it. Lights don't work. Bathroom wall is gross. Even the towels have some "stuff" that's not clear on what it is. We didn't feel safe touching anything. And at the end of my stay, I did get sick.
2. No manner from hotel staff at all.
- When we called to report some problem, we were told it will be fixed. We later realized that it would only happen at a time that's convenient to them, for example, after they finish their meal.
- Upon complaint of the issues, the people at the front desk rolled their eyes at us. I'm sorry, it must be our fault that the hotel is not satisfactory.
3. The first time when we checked into an "upgraded" room, nothing seemed to work. The floor lamp seem to have not recovered from some fight or aftermath. A/C not working...
4. Smoking everywhere, despite the clear signs for none-smoking areas and non-smoking floors.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Oriental Pearl Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.