“Absolute customer focus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou

You added The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.3 Xing'an Road, Pearl River New City, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510623, China   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
CNY600 F&B or Spa credit
Ranked #3 of 2,821 Hotels in Guangzhou
4.5 of 5 stars 695 Reviews
Shanghai
“Absolute customer focus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We had our China management meeting at Ritz-Carlton in May and were absolutely delighted by the professionalism and the good care that was taken of us.
The rooms are spacious albeit the interior is a bit on the "heavy" side.
We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
NicoleTANQ, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Dirk-Shanghai, thank you so much for your kind compliments. We are happy to know your were "absolutely delighted by the professionalism and the good care". All 700 ladies and gentlemen are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here on 26-28 May 2013 and had a great stay! Being a part of Ladies and Gentlemen encourages me to stay in every Ritz Carlton around the the world, including the one in Guangzhou.

Though I had a 'funny' encounter upon check in (checked in on a dirty room), Linnea Wang made it up greatly. She sent me another new key to the new room within 10 minutes. To be honest, I didn't mind actually. And I was glad enough when they provided us 2 breakfast as compensation. But what surprise me the most was the water amenities that has been set up when I got back to the room! I didn't expect any of that! ^^

The concierge team (esp Kathie and... I forgot the tall guy who remembered me & my friend during our stay) was a great help too when I was asking about the easiest direction to the hotel using public transportation.

The Housekeeping seemed to notice and provided us with additional bathroom amenities in the room too. Overall, it was such a pleasant stay I must say ^^

P.S : your siomay is my fave!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
NicoleTANQ, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Ms. Cathelya, thank you for your kind comments. We are excited to know that you had a great stay with us. I will pass this good news to the entire team, and look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I never leave reviews but just have to this time because I think its important I share my experience:
I stayed at the Ritz-Carton Guangzhou in April for Canton Fair, and as soon as I reached the check-in desk, I realized I left my Passport in the Taxi that drove us from Hong Kong! My worst nightmare! With the concierge noticing I was in panic, the staff immediately stepped up and took over the situation. I knew the first name of an acquaintance we had dropped off another hotel, and he had the taxi information... Things went into motion from there and Mr. Sean Cai, Director of Restaurants, arbitrarily went into action and put me in a Taxi with him; we headed to the other hotel. Turns out, Sean used to work at there and called the concierge in advance explaining the entire situation. Just based on the first name and a description, we successfully tracked down my acquaintance, contacted the taxi company, and got my Passport back! I never thought I was going to get it back! To top it all off, Sean wouldn't even let me pay for the taxi ride to the other hotel and back! Christopher and the entire service staff were amazing throughout that situation and my entire trip there after. Major kudos for extremely high level of service!

The hotel itself is great but is not in the city so if you like to walk around and be in a city type of environment, you'll have to hop into a cab and take a 5-10 minute ride... Only 2 Restaurants but very high quality; Italian restaurant even had homemade pastas that were great... Breakfast was excellent and perfect for any western traveler. The rooms were great nice, very spacious, beautiful bathroom and you also have a mini walk in closet! The only negative to the rooms (if you even want to call it that), is TV placement. Its to the right of the bed but perfect if your on the couch. I had the Club access the first couple of nights and I think it was well worth it! You have access to the 20th floor where you can have breakfast lunch and dinner included. A huge club room with internet access, drinks... Perfect situation for business meetings.

One of the best stays in my 10 years of going to the fair and I'll be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My stay at this hotel is always the best part (by far) of my business trips to Guangzhou, and the pastry table at the main restaurant (Foods) is always the best part of the stay. Even being someone who is usually not a dessert person, I can't seem to stay away from the pastry table. The rest of the kitchens are no less impressive. I am picky about the authenticity of my Italian food, yet Lemoni delivers the authenticity and the sophistication. The breakfast and lunch buffets at Foods offer rich and convenient options for business travelers like myself. And on my last day of stay, which happened to be a day before my birthday, I was presented with a surprise birthday cake (beautiful and delicious chocolate cake!) and a card, along with warm greetings from the Foods chef and staff. One could not eat better, or feel more welcome, in Guangzhou!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
NicoleTANQ, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Ia Q, thank you very much for your kind compliments. We are delighted to know that you commented your stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou is "always the best part". The restaurants including FOODS, LIMONI and Lai Heen - the best venue for trying authentic Cantonese cuisines in the birth place of Cantonese food Guangzhou, have all upgraded to provide a fully creative dining concept and wonderful culinary excellence. We were also pleased to celebrate your birthday, creating beautiful memories that last for a lifetime. Look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou. Let us stay with you.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

A great hotel in guangzhou with a high quality service. It has a great italian restaurant and a great bar downstairs at the lobby. Service is great you get what you pay for.
It is right in front of the canton tower witch is very impresive and beautiful.

• Stayed April 2013
NicoleTANQ, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Bennypm, thank you very much for your kind comments. With high quality service, great facilities and fabulous views, The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou is definitely your first choice of luxury experience in Guangzhou. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went there for Easter Sunday brunch. After comparing the rates among all the 5 star hotels, Ritz was offering a pretty good deal for Easter brunch. Besides the array of food for the buffet brunch, they also had a dedicated area for kids painting/playing, stocked with sweets & chocolate. There were also Easter Bunny, Egg hunt, & many other fun activities.

Comparing to other 5 star hotel, Ritz Carlton has the best service & most helpful staff in town. This is something very hard to achieve in China but they did it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
NicoleTANQ, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Ms. Minnie, thank you very much for your kind comments. We are happy to hear that you loved Easter Sunday Brunch at FOODS restaurant, with highlights of "the best service & most helpful staff in town". We are committed to providing an unique and memoble experience for our guests in the festivals. Celebrate with us with your families and we are sure you will love it as always. Look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou.
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

First trip to Guangzhou and I was totally blown away by this hotel. Excellent service, helpful staff, beautiful room, above and beyond my expectation of the Ritz Carlton franchise. One of the highlight is the massive selection in the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet is as way bigger than lunch or dinner buffet in most hotels. The only weak point is the view at the outdoor swimming pool because there are just so many construction around the CBD area (not the hotel's fault). I am sure the view will be a strong point in a few years time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NicoleTANQ, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Tony, thank you very much for your compliments. We are happy to hear from you that you love our service, staff and room. We continously seek opportunity to innovate and improve The Ritz-Carlton experience for every guest. Look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou.

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Guangzhou? Share your experiences!