“Perfect for Canton Fair” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Marina Plaza

You added Royal Marina Plaza to your Saves list
Royal Marina Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.288 Qinghe Road, Panyu District, Guangzhou 511400, China   |
Ranked #48 of 2,830 Hotels in Guangzhou
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yantai, China
“Perfect for Canton Fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Recently we spent 3 nights at the Royal Marina Plaza Hotel while visiting week one of the Canton Fair. The hotel had courtesy buses to take us to and from the fair which made everything so easy. Service was very friendly and nothing was too difficult. Rooms were clean spacious & beds comfortable - which is not always the case in China. The only think I found was that the hotel was a little isolated from anything else, and while taxis are cheap it took us nearly an hour each way to get into central Guangzhou. One service you should definitely use while you are staying at the hotel is the spa - specifically the massages. A group of 6 of us (2 women & 4 men - yes I did say men) booked in for a foot massage after a long day on our feet at the fair. Just brilliant!! Not only did they massage our feet, but our legs, arms, neck, shoulders, back, all while our feet were soaking - they served us dinner & drinks also. I would just about return to experince this again. One of those "different" and "very funny" moments that I will always remember.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

ok all i have to say is good,,, I stayed in an Executive Suite for approx 10 nights,, hotel gave me a great price... Breakfast was good but i only woke up to it i think 2 times... Area is great... loved my stay and want to go back... every night when i got back to the hotel after visiting factorys, we first got foot massage body massage, and i even got my ears cleaned... then it was off to the clubs,, didnt really go to the KTV club in the hotel caus it was just rooms... wanted a proper bar / club for night time.. taxi was easy to get...

Bellboy went shopping with me,, when i wanted to go shopping,,, staff very profesional and friendly,,, it was wow... rooms were good, bed was good..

the executive lounge was great.. free food, drinks,,, etc... so that was great... i spent a lot of time there... and the food in the chinese restaurant was actually good...

only one issue,,, after one of my nights out with the factory owners, i met this friend of one of the factory owners, who after a few drinks, ended up driving us back to my hotel and ended up back at my hotel room spending the night,,, she was hungry and so ordered room service at 3am or 4am,, she ended up in hospital the next day from food poisioning,,, she was ok after, and i ended up firing my driver as she had a better car and decided she was free to drive me around where ever i wanted to go... bonus no need to pay a driver...

Hotel overall i would definately stay again and again... and recomend to everyone

Room Tip: go for the executive suites,, and up,,, as the executive lounge is good,,, and go for the massage...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

For those of you who have to stay around Payun District for business, this would be a good option. The service was very good. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. Room rate was reasonable. I only tried the Japanese restaurant there. For pretty good price, you can have a sushi buffet, including lamb chop. I highly recommend it.
The only complain I have is that when you try to exchange money, they double check every bill and rejected many bills because of minor things, such as one tiny tear. So it took forever to get money exchanged, and at a lower rate. But I guess that's probably due to higher risk of counterfeit.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

After a long day this is heaven to come home to.
The rooms are extremely clean, spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms are very clean and spacious, though could use better lighting.

Restaurant - good.
Spa - EXCELLENT !!!! love the spa, reasonably priced and a perfect pit stop before heading off to sleep. (though i fall asleep during massage).
Better if you could stay at club level, same floor as spa.

A little dull if you are looking for nightlife and are travelling alone.
The lobby bar is quiet. I've been the to Kareoke bar, however was dead.
Given up on looking for nightlife at this hotel, but always appreciate the excellent sleep and comfortable stay.

Have met fun people on the patio during dinner.
I would love to send these people some cd's to play as for years I've been hearing the same Backstreet Boys circa 1998 being played over breakfast and dinner.

Service all around is excellent, though again I would suggest pointing at menu when you want something.
When asking for white wine, expect red...and vice versa. I've shower a few of the waitresses how to properly open a wine bottle. They are all exteremely sweet.

Another restaurant within walking distance which is quite good - Green Island.
Enjoy your stay !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My partner and I went to Panyu for a little romantic weekend break, and I booked this hotel after checking the reviews here.

The room was of a high standard I believe, at least for China. Loved the king-size bed. Everything was very clean. I liked everything about their room. We had some really good sleep.

Food at the Star Lounge was good. The breakfast buffet was fine, but not excellent. We didn't have time to try any of their facilities, unfortunately.

It was not cheap, but you do pay for what you get.

I don't think there's anything to do around Panyu except to see Chime Long's park and their show. So we probably won't come back again. I would really like this place to be in Guangzhou centre.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

This is one of the regular hotels booked for business trips to Panyu. It is always clean and well maintained. The breakfast buffet is decent and there are enough restaurants for a short stay (not many other choices in Panyu). The service is good and reliable. The beds are large and the mattress is fairly soft (by China standards) so overall pretty comfortable. If you are a light sleeper, I would recommend asking for a room way from the karaoke bar. I am not a light sleeper and it didn't bother me but I could hear singing until the early hours on Sun night / Mon morning. For a fellow business traveller with a busy work week, this could be quite annoying!

I would rate it a 3.5*-4* business hotel. For the leisure traveller, staying closer to GZ would be a better choice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed at the Royal Marina Hotel for one night for business. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and large. The buffet breakfast was good. Front desk staff spoke English. Free internet and satellite TV with a lot of English channels. At $90.00 USD per night with breakfast a good value. I would rate this hotel a solid 4 stars and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Royal Marina Plaza? Share your experiences!