“Convenient and value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Guangyong Lido Hotel

You added Guangyong Lido Hotel to your Saves list
Guangyong Lido Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.182 Beijing Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou 510115, China   |
Ranked #320 of 2,821 Hotels in Guangzhou
3.5 of 5 stars 287 Reviews
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Convenient and value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I tried to write a review about this hotel but actual name appear in Hotel Club and Agoda are Lido Hotel Guangzhou not Guangyong Lidu Hotel. Please check.
This is my third time stay in Lido Hotel within a year. This time I have stayed for 5 days, Location is great, once u come out from hotel is Beijing Road walking street. Wan Lin and others wholesaler just within walking distance. Hotel restaurant serve good dim sim.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuah, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Traveled with a group, and we really enjoyed ourselves because this hotel is strategically located near Beijing Road, so we were able to settle all our last minute shopping there. Rooms were very clean, buffet breakfast has plenty of choices. I enjoyed my scrambled eggs a lot. I don't mind staying here again if I ever visit China.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Albion, Mauritius
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

One of the worst experience in my life. Very rude Reception staff. When I arrived there the type of room I have booked for was not available and so the staff proposed to me that I should pay more as no more superior room available or find another hotel...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
hcmc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I just left this hotel today. Despite a lots of bad comments about this hotel, I still decide to stay here due to its strategic location. I got used to "Chinese style" cos Im Vietnamese and I come to Guangzhou alots so I dont have any complain about hard bed, rude staffs ...etc but only 2 things when I check out :

1/. I find out that I lose 2 bags among many things I bought but bcos It just cost 70RMB then I dont want to make noise...waste time..

2/. The reception guy said that I used the mark something (I cant hear him clearly cos my Chinses not very good), I said I didnot. Finally, he charge me 10RMB. Luckily that he is nice and keep asking me is it ok or not... I said Ok ofcourse bcos I dont want to waste time again.

3/. I ask the concierge (the shoter guy this morning 17/11/2012) to book for me a big cab, he said 15 mins and the price is 150RMB ( my Cantonese is quite good and I can hear what he say very well). At the airport the cab driver ask me for 250RMB and phone that guy to let me talk (I can recognize his voice), now he said 250. The driver think Im Chinese original then he said he got to give the concierge guy 100RMB and give me his business card for direct booking next time.

So, be careful with your belonggings event in your room and write down everything if you want to be clear

Room Tip: I stay in 2105 room - a superior room..Its quite ok with big beg.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Durban
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Lido hotel in Guangzhou is convenient as it is located at the end of Beijing road where all the shops and markets are. Just like all hiotels in Guangzhou the prices are trebbled over the show periods. The hotel offers free shuttles to and from Pazhou for those who attend the trade shows. The rooms are clean and quite spaciuos. The breakfast is acceptable and there is a wide variety to choose from. If you choose to use the undergrong metro its quite a walk from the hotel but there are plenty of taxi's available as this is a popular destination for shopping.

Room Tip: select a room facing beijing road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

One of the most bad experience in my whole life.
Nothing to say. The worst hotel I have ever seen in the world.
No WiFi. Breakfast for rabbits not for human.
No room service. Not clean. No laundry . Very rude staff.

Really when I will back to Home I will kill the travel agent.
It in not 3 star hotel it one star booth.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed there for Canton fair, the 2nd day was terrible, i just came to my room and found out the bathroom sink was leaking and the shower too. Come to worse the drain on the shower was also clogged. I ask for room change, they said maybe tomorrow morning cause its late. When i told them they really have bad customer service, the front desk didnt really care, and they didnt really care. I changed the room, unfortunately the room's bed also in really bad quality, it make sound and very old. The AC also being turn off every morning so its very hot inside the room when your room facing the east in the morning. The hotel itself is in a really good location but really bad customer service especially when in canton fair, many foreigner come to visit and got very bad impression from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Guangyong Lido Hotel? Share your experiences!