1. Location: Good 2 minute walk to the Ouzhuang Metro Station Exit B. Only downside is, once you enter the subway station it takes 5 minutes of walking underground to get to the train line. The surrounding area is not very glamorous.
2. Price: Good for the time of stay (Canton Fair)
3. Service: Average. The English interpreters assisting the international guests from the Canton Fair were fantastic. Front office staff were just okay, no complaints. Typical Chinese service.
4. Cleanliness: Poor.The hotel is new, so its fairly clean for now....The cleaners do not use vacuums, therefore the floor of my room was dirty. It had hair, toenails, and other crumbs from previous guests. In addition to this, the carpet had stains from drinks etc. From my perspective this is the biggest issue for this hotel.
5. WiFi: Poor. If you're a businessman and you plan to do some work at the hotel, don't bother. I had so many issues with the internet, it drove me crazy. One minute I could get access to a particular website, the next minute I couldn't. I tried connecting to other rooms wifi which seemed to help, but not for long. I wasn't sure if this was a ChinaNet issue or an issue with their system. Overall I found it frustrating, and unproductive. I also used a VPN called "express vpn" so I could get access to the banned websites eg. GMAIL etc..Welcome to China...
6. Water and Electricity: During my stay for the Canton fair, the electricity and water was switched off TWICE. I found this completely unacceptable, you cant have the water and power off in a building whilst there are guests occupying the rooms, its a simple safety rule the western world abides by.
What would of happened if there was a fire?
I was told my front reception that this was a government issue and they had no control over the scheduling of the works. Bad timing from my perspective....Some guests were at the fair, but not all (eg. me)
7. Summary: Poor. Its a cheap hotel and I suppose you get what you pay for. If you're a westerner and you like clean hotels, then maybe spend a little more on staying at the Westin Guangzhou or the Garden Hotel. I stayed here for the Canton fair and was paying approx $150 USD a nite which is very cheap.... But they need to lift their game in the cleanliness department and buy the maids vacuums so they can clean the floor once in a while.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Paco Business Hotel Guangzhou Ouzhuang Subway Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.