“The Grandeur of Guangzhou” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Weekend Promotion
Ranked #20 of 2,815 Hotels in Guangzhou
Bangkok, Thailand
“The Grandeur of Guangzhou”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great hotel which maintains their high quality over the years. Very impressive huge lobby areas. Excellent room facilities and amenities. Some of the best restaurants of Guangzhou are located here. I particularly enjoyed the executive room and the efficient service in the executive lounge. Great breakfast choices.

Room Tip: Executive rooms offer reasonable price and many special benefit. The hotel also provides special ai...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is Fabulous ,excellent location, excellent rooms food in short word to my opinion The Best Hotel in Guangzhou.
The all management and stuff doing a remark less job.
I want to thank Mr.Martin Albrecht for his warm welcoming hospitality and care for all my needs. Mr. Albrecht you are absolutely know what is the meaning of care and understanding the clients Thank you so much.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nijkerk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Big international hotel in the hart of Guangzhou.
The overall quality is good. Lot's of international guests from all over the world.
Rooms are good but there is some difference between floors. I noticed during several stays that there is a continues renovation program going on. It keeps the quality at a high level.
The bar in the lobby is a great place to end the day.
Breakfast is what you may expect from a high ranked business hotel but try to avoid the rush hour. The breakfast area could be a little bigger.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Kees O,
Thank you for your brief but informative review.
In regards to our room renovation process, we have concluded the upgrade of our new Premier Rooms in early October. 300 beautiful new rooms which tell you a story of Guangzhou and the heritage that is the Garden Hotel over the past 30 years.
Our current upgrade program is taking place for our function rooms to provide a new, modern meeting experience for our guests. This project will conclude in about a week time.
As the hotel is evolving and getting ready for its 30th birthday, we are also reviewing the restaurants as our next upgrade project. The comment in regards to our breakfast venue and its size will definitely be shared with our Operations Team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Impressing look big porch entrance,check in good and Room is comfortable, breakfast good variety , waterfall awesome. Staff very helpful n attentive. We been bar at lobby floor is very good to have beer and snacks there. Overall i wish to stay here always whenever i will be in guangzhou.

Stayed November 2014
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Gauravronit,
Thank you so much for your short but informative review.
I’m glad to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and you wish to stay here always. Your positive comments have been shared with our Operations Teams for more improvment of our service .
Once you are planning your return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any assistance.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the hotel for two nights. Can't say much about check in process as someone checked me in already before I arrived. But Throughout my stay, I consistently saw a queue waiting to be served but it moved relatively fast.

Room wise - bed was comfy, pillows were nice. However, if you were to travel with a friend who is not your girlfriend or such, there is practically no privacy. There is no separating the room from the bath or sink area. As I was alone in the room, I was ok but I can imagine it would be uncomfortable for friends to bunk in together.

Had my breakfast on the 30th floor which had a good panoramic view. Breakfast selection was fairly ok though I would love to have more local dishes.

Only problem here as in other parts of China is language. I do hope the management will engage as many English speaking staff and not only at management level.

Generally the staff here are friendly and will try to assist.

Be careful though when you walk outside the hotel at nights.

I would suggest the management have more information about places of attraction, tourist and shopping place for guests.

Would I stay there again - yes

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Enjoystravelling,
I would like to extend my appreciation in regards to your review and provided feedback.
Your observations and comments will help us to improve and maintain in certain areas as pointed out in your review.
While there might be a cue at the Front Desk, our Reception Team along with our Guest Services Team are ensuring that no wait is too long and every guest will be attended to.
In regards to our rooms, we have several options of room categories for our guests to choose from. While the room you occupied may not provide the privacy you would expect, I’m certain that we have rooms that would accommodate you in such case you mentioned in your review.
I’ll forward your comments to our Culinary Team in regards to the breakfast spread for them to review and adjust accordingly. In case you would like to experience a traditional ‘yum cha’, as the locals call it, visit our Lai Wan Market or Peach Blossom which both serve a delicious ‘morning tea’.
Please rest assured that our Training Department is consistently driving skills as well as language training for our entire team here.
In regards to sightseeing and shopping, there is a wide variety of options close by as well as around the city. Please let me know once you are returning to the hotel and I’d be happy to assist in any way possible.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed two nights in the Garden Hotel. Very comfortable and clean. The bed was great (unlike so many beds in China). Lovely ambience in the foyer and the hotel really does have a garden (and a waterfall) which is a peaceful haven. We had a delicious dinner in the Chinese restaurant (roast goose ....yum).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
thegardenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear mmao,
Thank you for your taking your time in reviewing your recent stay with us.
While kept brief, I’m glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.
I understand within a busy schedule, it might not be possible to share experience for every aspect of your stay, but would like to sit down with you upon return to see how we can serve you better.
I’m looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here a few times on business trips and the experience was good each time. Check in and check out was efficient and fast and the front desk was friendly and helpful.

The selection for breakfast buffet was adequate and you can find enough varieties from western to Chinese. The experience on the rotating restaurant on one of the higher floor (can't remember exactly which floor) for buffet dinner was excellent and you will be able to see the clear night view of Guangzhou.

Overall has been a satisfying experience and will stay here every time on business trip.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear swlee1,
I would like to extend my appreciation for your brief but informative review about your recent stays with us.
I’m glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed every stay with us recently as well as in the past.
The restaurant you are referring to on the 30th floor is our Carousel Restaurant. While in the morning it won’t rotate, it does a 360 in about an hour’s time during the evening while serving our lavish seafood buffet.
In order for us to get to know you better, please contact me personally upon return to the hotel.
I’m looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Best regards

Jochen@thegardenhotel.com.cn

Been to The Garden Hotel Guangzhou? Share your experiences!