“Idyllic Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Garden Hotel Guangzhou

Save Saved
You added The Garden Hotel Guangzhou to your Saves list
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.368 Huanshi East Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou 510064, China   |
Ranked #22 of 2,386 hotels in Guangzhou
Nairobi, Kenya
“Idyllic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was like my first stay in China and The Garden Hotel did not disappoint.
I loved the way we were received and warmly welcomed, loved the Chinese culture. The reception area is breath taking and so is the hotel ambience.
You must visit the spa and health club-if only to behold the water falls surrounded by beautiful scenery and the neighbouring sky-scrapers.
The rooms are lovely and I definitely loved the free wifi all over the hotel.
The Concierge desk was truly helpful, offering maps of Guangzhou and various shopping places pointed out in the map-this proved invaluable.
My stay at this hotel was truly idyllic, I would definitely recommend it and I look forward to a return visit.
Thank you all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1,916 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visit The Garden Hotel regularly and they look after us very well. Returning guests are treated exceptionally well and are upgraded automatically.
They organise transport to and from airport, train station.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
thegardenhotel, Guest Services Department at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Wing1111,

Thank you for taking your time in posting this positive review about your frequent stay with us.
It is important for us to get to know our guests with their requirements, needs and ambitions to ensure each stay is a great one.
Please let me know once you are planning to return to Guangzhou and The Garden Hotel for a personal meet and greet.

Best regards

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was fantastic. The receptionist were all very friendly and polite. All spoke english very well which made it easy for us.Excellent service from check in till I checked out very comfortable rooms with everything you need. When checking out, the front desk staffs care to ask about my impression during my stay. The rooms are clean, spacious and very well equiped. My son was upgraded as it was his birthday - lovely touch.Everything and more you would expect. Staff always will to assist/help you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
thegardenhotel, Guest Services Department at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear catcatf,

I’d like to thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience in our hotel.
I’m glad to hear that your stay was a successful one and our team was able to contribute to that fact. We are trying to create great guest experiences in an individual way which reflects in your son’s birthday gift from us.
Please let me know once you are returning to The Garden Hotel, so we could have a chance to meet in person.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I did not stay in this hotel however myself and my partner were a little lost and went into the hotel with some questions. from the man outside parking cars and directing the buses, to the receptionist to the girls down at the bus counter desk.. everyone was soooo helpful!! could not do enough for us! helped us organise our bus trips! would love to stay in the hotel as the decor is amazing! stunning hotel!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear ksav92,

Thank you so much for taking your time in providing us with such a positive review.
I’m glad to hear that you had a chance of experiencing our Services that we provide to our guests. I sincerely hope for your next trip to Guangzhou, you choose The Garden Hotel as your preferred accommodation.
If I can be of any assistance in terms of reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Sant Cugat del Valles, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's the typical huge, impressive and luxury congress hotel, equiped with many bars, restaurants and meeting lounges, but it's the less family friendly hotel I've ever been in. There isn't any playground or similar for children (no way about babysitter), no family restaurants or, at least, a kid's menu on breakfast. Since there'are no many places to walk in the surroundings, the place, for long stays became a golden boring cage for families. Even the spectacular garden is too dangerous for children.
Apart from it, housekeeping is poor(no soap replacing even with them empty).
So, it's souspicious being a very popular hotel for adoption agencies. Maybe something dark is behind...

Room Tip: Si es de negocios, cualquiera que no mire al norte está bien. Si el visje es por otro motivo, olvide...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear CharlieBrownES,

Thank you for taking your time in reviewing your recent stay with us.
I’d like to extend a sincere apology for not meeting your expectations to ensure that you and your family were looked after properly.
We actually have a playroom for children which is located in the east tower on the 13th floor as well as a featured kids’ menu. Unfortunately we failed to properly provide this information to you during your stay.
Your feedback has been shared with our operations team to review, enhance and maintain our procedures.
I certainly can assure you that there is nothing dark behind our operation in terms of cooperating with any adoption agency.
In case you are returning to Guangzhou, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

jochen@thegardenhotel.com.cn
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I really had a wonderful stay in the Garden Hotel, Guangzhou . Thank you for all the Executive Floor staffs especially Connie, she's so helpful and with great customer service, always make me feel like home. Thank you for the wonderful team!

Room Tip: Front view room in Executive floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
thegardenhotel, Guest Services Department at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Leung K,

It’s our team’s great pleasure to make your stay enjoyable and very glad to know you are satisfied with our Executive Floor experience.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the Garden Hotel, Guangzhou.

Kind Regards

Ralph Tang
Assistant General Manager
RalphTang@thegardenhotel.com.cn
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Once I mentioned to my friend I had a tirp to GuangZhou, he recommend me garden hotel. And the hotel is not let me down.It is a real 5 star experience to stay in this luxurious hotel. The cotumer's service is unique. The staff is professional, lovely and they really know how to talk to costumers especially the receptionist.

Room Tip: deluxe room is very good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear honey h,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Garden Hotel.I’m glad to hear that even coincidence brought you here, you had an enjoyable stay.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the Garden Hotel, Guangzhou.

Kind Regards

Ralph Tang
Assistant General Manager
RalphTang@thegardenhotel.com.cn

Been to The Garden Hotel Guangzhou? Share your experiences!