“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.339 Huanshi East Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou 510098, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 2,830 Hotels in Guangzhou
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed two nights at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre during the Canton Fair. The hotel was very busy and I was upgraded to an apartment which was very big, including a separate living room and open kitchen, although I did not really have time to make use of them.

Hotel breakfast was good, many choices were available and staff were generally helpful and polite. Room was clean and comfortable. Location was central and you could get taxi at the taxi stand, although there was a queue all the time but you know you would be able to get one. It seemed impossible to get a taxi on the street in Guangzhou now.

The cost was very high because of the Canton Fair. Service was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear kolukolu,

Thank you for taking your time to offer your feedback about your stay during the Canton Fair period. I am happy to hear that you found the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre to be a good business hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of trying to get a taxi in the city, it is a very busy time in Guangzhou and there are many people trying to get taxis. For future if you need special transportation arrangements our hotel concierge will be happy to make car bookings for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

jenny.macdonald@gz63.cn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My third visit to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre and the second time visiting this hotel during the Canton fair with my family and I can honestly say that it is one of the best hotels in Guangzhou. I have been travelling to Guangzhou for business for 4 years and have stayed in a few of the hotels in this city and this hotel is by far my favourite. The rooms are fantastic I've now stayed in a standard king room, a king Club room and on this occasion I took my family to Guangzhou and stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment which for a family is great with it's own kitchenette, washing machine, a small lounge and 2 bathrooms, all the space you could ask for for a family of four while away.

I have read reviews where there are some complaints regarding the staff, thier knowledge of the surrounding areas and the quality of the buffet restaurant, I can honestly say that this is not something we encountered we have always found the staff at Crowne very knowledgeable on the area and very helpful to look assist us in any manner we require, as for the buffet we can not fault this at all, the quality of the food and choices are great, it has something for all guests from Western food, to traditional Chinese, Japanese and Indian, David the head chef is very helpful and makes you feel welcomed, as do all the staff at the buffet, even people with food allergies are catered for and for this I thank you once again for looking after my Daughters requirements as she has sever nut allergies and all staff were conscience of this at all times.

The staff at the hotel always try their best to make you feel comfortable in the hotel, given that me and my family speak no Mandrin it is nice to have people like Jenny, David and all the management staff to assist us during the times when language can sometimes become difficult.

I truly would like to thank all the staff at the hotel for making our visit a pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is intending to visit Guangzhou for business or pleasure, arriving there alone or with your family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lui_WA,

Wow! Thank you and what a treat it is to recieve your glowing feedback. We are so happy to know that you and your lovely family enjoyed your stay and will continue to return to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre. We always look forward to your visits. Please keep in touch and please feel free to contact me if I can offer any assistance for future bookings. Like I mentioned to your wife, the girls will really love the circus show at the Chimelong Zoo and I can help make arrangements for this on your next stay. We are so looking forward to welcoming your entire family back.

Changshu, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Staff needs to be trained. They had no idea where anything was located in Guangzhou. It was faster to look it up on my apple phone. The Food quality needs to be improved on to be 5-star hotel rating.The only bright spot was the Guest Service Manager Jenny Mac Donald who seemed to be the one person who tried to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. Again, another Crowne Plaza Hotel facility in China that thinks the building and name is what makes the hotel, and not the well trained staff who you meet everyday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear DCzupski,

Thank you for submitting your feedback and again I would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced by you during your stay with us. We have passed your feedback to all of our managers and reviewed the individual incidents in order to create a solution and improve training for our departments. I do hope you will choose to give us a chance in the future and I will be sure to assist in making your stay as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

5 star quality through out,great design,helpful polite staff good facilities.The rooms were spacious and had everything you could need.The location was good bars restaurants take aways and metro not far away.I stayed here for 5 weeks and it would be a pleasure to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear colthecake,

It is so wonderful to receive your glowing review. It was a pleasure to have you at The Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre. We look forward to welcoming you back, if I can assist with any future bookings please don't hestitate to contact me.

Bali
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hotel was great with nice design, spacious lobby, clean and sleek appearance in every side . My room was also very big, it was one of the biggest hotel room which i ever could memorize . I feel bad to give this review, but i really think the staffs need a big injection to brush up their English. I asked even super simple stuff, like i asked for a tooth paste, there were more than 5 people tried to understand me, and no one could understand. The funny thing was, they seems to always check on GOOGLE. So when i asked for a tooth paste, they said, I will check one moment in Google . Thats ironic and after checking to many staffs including senior manager, no body knew. Not to mentioned when i ask for iron board, how to dial other room and so on, left me in a big frustration.

Its a pity because crowne plaza is a international brand part of worldwide recognized establishment IHG. Perhaps i should lower down my expectation but my inquiry was so simple.....

Otherwise, everything was fine, just communication gap

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear NatalSurbakti,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute your valuable feedback. I am so sorry to hear that you experienced some frustration and language barriers during your stay in our hotel. Please be assured that English training is one of our top priorities for our team. We will strive to greatly improve the level. I hope you will trust to return to the hotel and when you do please feel free to contact myself for any assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at Crowne Plaza City Center for 3 nights recently. We arrived Guangzhou by train at Guangzhou Central station - and this hotel was just 15-20 mins by taxi. The hotel is located on main road leading directly to this station.

The hotel is located close to MRT and main shopping areas. Gnz is a big city, so depending on your purpose in the city, it is important to stay closer to your business. It worked well for us, as it was near everything we required - train stations, shopping centers, wholesale markets etc.

We stayed on 38th floor and view in front wass quite nice. The room itself was well appointed and felt luxurious. The square bathtub was interesting. We found the restaurant top class and room service was impeccable.

The front office staff helped with Chinese -English translations, taxi bookings, etc. Concierge was very willing to suggest wholesale shopping distts, and gave us addresses in Chinese so we we dont face difficulty with Taxis.

The pool was quite nice, though there were no other people when I visited. The shower and change areas was spacious and well equipped.

The buffet breakfast was a delight. Being a vegetarian, I did not face any problem and had plenty of choice. The service and staff was above par.

We had some issues with billing at time of check-out, which was handled and solved in a professional manner.

Room Tip: Try for higher floors - view will be better. Try for upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear indiavoyager,

Thank you for submitting your feedback after your stay with us. I think many future guests will find the information useful and informative. It so nice to hear all the positive points especially about our wide variety of food offering lots of vegitarian options. I apologize that you experienced some issues at billing but thank you for noting that it was dealt with quickly and professionally. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, please feel free to contact me if I can assist with any future bookings. Thank you for your consideration.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visited this hotel for one night (coming from Shenzhen) in June 2012 which I can evaluated as very good in general. The location is very good on main road of Guangzhou with lot of shops and restaurants (many Arabic restaurants nearby).The room was very big & well designed. The bed is clean, confortable & big. The bath is new and big. Breakfast was good. The hotel staff are friendly, speaking English well and supportive.

Nearby the hotel, there is bus parking area which can take you to the airport which I consider it as advantage.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Walid M,

We are so pleased to receive your helpful comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is true that our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city centre and there are many Arabic restaurants and shops located within walking distance. Our hotel is also the final terminal for the Baiyun Airport Shuttle taking guests to and from the airport everyday. We are so proud to hear that you were impressed by the english level of our team. We are striving to improve this everyday. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the future.

jenny.macdonald@gz63.cn

Been to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre? Share your experiences!