“Decent and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.339 Huanshi East Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou 510098, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 2,815 Hotels in Guangzhou
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Decent and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location of this hotel was very nice. Little far away from the madding crowd of Guangzhou. Yet it was so much within the city.

The check in process was quite fast. I was offered a free welcome drink also. Sheer size of lobby and beautiful western music mesmerized me.

Lift and room looked little tiring. But I must mention the size of the room here. It was quite big and spacious. It had all basic facilities including an inkjet printer! Wow!

Toiletries’ were decent though I was not happy with the quality of bathroom fitting but for one night it hardly mattered!

The price of the basic food was quite decent.

Morning breakfast had nice spread.
Check out was quite fast too.
I think this hotel need little facelift otherwise almost everything looked ok for a short stay.

Room Tip: I am not sure if they have any new wing. Room should be better there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Singharay,

Thank you so much for you thoughtful response. We are so pleased to have had you as our guest. I am so glad that during your short stay with us you were able to enjoy the location, the room, the lobby and music and I am so happy to hear you were delighted with your breakfast. I will pass on your feedback in regards to the bathroom fittings to the hotel management as we are constantly looking for ways to improve what our hotel has to offer. We so look forward to your next stay with us and welcoming you back!

mt@gz63.cn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Angeles City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at night, check in was ok. I didnt eat yet so I ordered some room service. By the way my room is very nice no complaints there. I had ordered Tomatoe soup, but the green soup i tasted was mushroom ..... Ok, can happen i thought although tomatoe sounds and is really something completely different. Then the burger, they had no fries told me, ok no problem, but filthy oily hash browns .... Brrr with the oil i could fill a bottle. My first bite of the burger was that there was something very tough in it which i could not bite through ..... Upon checking i almost threw up, it was a big piece of Pork Skin ...... In my Burger!!! Disgusted!! This was the Crowne Burger their House Burger!! From there on it did not get better, breakfast has some good things to it, the dinner buffet was tasteless. We tried a few meats, chicken, lamb chops and steak pieces just to try. One taste for all, baked in a lot of butter, all meat tasted literally the same. So i would suggest to others, for the food look elsewhere, for the rooms its ok. Overall not impressed with this hotel we look for another IC Property next time. We were here for the Furniture Fair.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear WorldTraveller196420,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. It is very upsetting for me to learn that you were disappointed with your food and beverage experience. Please be advised that the managers and chefs of the departments involved have been informed and are reviewing the details of the situations mentioned. They will be reviewing with their teams and taking steps to avoid this experience occuring to future guests. It seems there was a miscommunication with the soup at room service and the bacon on the burger was too overcooked. At Fresh Restaurant you may have missed our grill to order meat staion that offers marination meat selections such as, herb and garlic, peppercorn and curry. We hope you will trust to return to our hotel and if there is anyway I can rectify the situation for you please feel free to contact me personally. We do look forward to welcoming you back and showcasing to you the many delicious dishes our 3 award winning restaurants have to offer!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently read a book called the "Fred factor". The book is about those who go far beyond the call of duty and look at relationship building and customer service as a great source of pride. It encourages us to be "Freds" and look for them. Well, I found four! I was in Guangzhou on business and finding the city, transit and culture intimidating. That's when two Canadian employees named Jenny and Blair come in! They were very knowledgeable and helpful about all our concerns. I almost couldn't believe how nice they were until one night I was in the hotel lounge by myself (they had the night off and saw me alone) and they invited me out on the town with them. I had a blast! That night they introduced me to the Western chef Dave. Dave was so much fun and enlightened me on so many amazing features of the culture and the local cuisine. We had so much fun that night the next day I was invited to the market, this time we were joined by Jesse (one of the hotels managers) she was lovely and grew up in the city and told me so many fascinating things about the city: its past and culture. I had felt overwhelmed the first few days on the trip but thanks to these four I am looking forward to visiting Guangzhou on business again. The hotel was great but it's the people that make it so amazing. Thanks again you guys!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Lucky B,

Thank you so much for your kind comment and great feedback about the service you recieved during your stay. It was a pleasure to be able to show you some of the great attractions that our neighbourhood has to offer. Our team looks forward to your next vist to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre. Please let me know if I can offer assistance for any future bookings.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

1) The pool is outdoor, but heated. It's kind of cool in winter days which is not very cold comparing north China but too cold to have a swim in nature temperature.
2) Every time I stay there, they send me a portion of Cantonese soup in a thermos. The soup is very good, and they put it in a thermos to keep warm but sometime the thermos was too old that can’t keep warm any more.

Room Tip: xx08 room is always my choice, it has a big squre hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Wei H,

Thank you so much for your valued feedback. It is so wonderful for me to hear that you were able to enjoy our heated pool, even during the winter months. I am happy that you enjoyed the turndown service soup. For future stays if you find the soup is not at the desired tempurature, please feel free to contact our guest services and we will be happy to pick it up and warm for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

Poughkeepsie, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Trouble with existing reservation, front desk staff suddenly did not speak English anymore, contacted manager did not even bother to listen to the history but started right away with "Sorry, you have to accept...". Ended-up paying more than confirmed. Learned only after paying that breakfast was not included.
Overall not an experience I will repeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear mrsmith0815,

At Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre we are always appreciative of your valueable feedback. That being said, I am troubled to hear that the service you received at the front desk was unsatisfactory. Many of our front desk staff members have a very good English speaking level and are continually working to improve this as well. In regards to the miscommunication with your booking I will pass this feedback to our front office managment, but if you would like to discuss the matter further with more detail, please feel free to contact me directly. We strive on our great service and would like to take every measure to enhance your experience every visit. I would like to resolve this matter with you. I hope you will trust to return to our hotel in the future and we always look forward to welcoming you back.

Hanoi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed only one night in this great hotel.
It seems that the rooms have been recently refurbished because they are great with a stunning view.
The buffet was very nice and the Dim Sum breakfast at the Chinese Restaurant was fantastic.

Room Tip: As high as possible...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Brice,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel facilities,service and food. We were delighted to receive such recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,

Cynthia Xia
Public Relations
cynthia.xia@gz63.cn
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013 for two nights. Checked in at nearly midnight but staff were friendly and efficient. The room was a great size and well equipped. Cleanliness was excellent. Mini bar well stocked and quite reasonable pricing.

Only wired internet in the rooms so iPad users beware.

Breakfast was really very good, great, fresh scrambled eggs, brought to my table by a helpful friendly European staff member. Excellent buffet choice, seemed to be good for other nationalities too.

Used the concierge to book a car, I needed to go to Zhongshan (about 1 1/2 hours away), nice car, reasonable price for the day, easy to arrange.

Location is great, literally 3 minutes walk from the Metro.

I will stay here again next time in Guangzhou.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Honored Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel service, food and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. As for the internet, actually you can use the free wifi internet in room. If you have any problems with the wifi, please contact our operators and I am sure they will help you with the wifi problem.

All Team Members at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards
Cynthia Xia
Public Relations
cynthia.xia@gz63.cn

Been to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre? Share your experiences!