“Crownplaza quality is good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.339 Huanshi East Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou 510098, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 2,546 hotels in Guangzhou
Tolkamer, The Netherlands
“Crownplaza quality is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have been here for a week.

The room was spacious but I had a suite. For a suite it was an ok size. The bathroom was fited with the things you might need and all was clean.

The room was fited with a large walk in closet and a big screen TV. The sitting area was not so very special but ok.

The Lobby bar was good but the menu was to limmited in my opinion. You could always eat at the fresh restaurant but that was the whole day buffet and that is not so my normal choice.

Breakfast was very good with choices of western as well as asian foods. Buffet style which is ok with me for breakfast.

The help I did get during for example rebooking of hotels etc was also very good. So all and all and would go here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre while you are travelling to Guangzhou! It was such an honor that we could have your comments and high valuation regarding to our service.

We are delight that you enjoyed our guest and breakfast in Fresh ADD restaurant ; it is our endeavor to ensure that we provide all the necessities to our discreet travelers within the hotel.
Next time you come to Guangzhou, please do contact our colleagues for more local information and I am sure that they are happy to show you the nice scenery and facility in Guangzhou. Hope you will also love Guangzhou.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again for a renewing experience at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre and wish you all the best!

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I've stayed in the Crowne Plaza in New York and couldn't praise it highly enough.

This one was a different matter.

When I first arrived I felt welcomed and found the staff could speak English.

After the second day there, my room had not been cleaned or tidied and I came back to find my bed still unmade (all this was chargeable locally by the hotel.) This was not the case in New York). The rooms itself was spacious and high up, with excellent views across the city. Could have done with a bit more attention to cleaning, especially in the corners and edges.

The wi-fi was good, available all over the hotel, which was one of the main reasons for booking this hotel.

The Conceige service was terrible. As we could not speak Chinese we asked them to book a flight to our next destination, Nanjing. When we arrived at the airport the check-in girl said our destination which was completely different. We then had to return to the hotel, had an argument with the Conciege and had to ask to speak to the hotel manager to get this mistake sorted out. We wasted a whole day.

Room Tip: All is not what it seems in China, beware!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre on your recent stay in Guangzhou. We would also express our appreciation for your comments with concern to the hotel services.

Please do accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback to the concerned department and corrective action has been taken.

We are highly appreciated for your constructive comments, which are extremely helpful for our improvement of service. I hope that this experience will not deter you to visit us again in the near future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be any of your assistance as I would be more than happy to help.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in September on a business trip. I was told by a local friend that this 63-floor building used to be the tallest structure in the city and it is still referred to as "the 63-floor" by Guangzhou people. Standing in the room on a high floor, you can get a very good view of the city. I have been to Guagnzou many times but it was the first time that I saw this city from such a high perspective.

The building was recently renovated for the hotel before it opened this year. Rooms were spacious with brand new hardware and gadgets. Internet was free and there were plenty of electric outlets. Hotel staff was friendly. Breakfast was great with abundant food choices. The food and beverage manager, a young Dutch man, even stopped to chat with us because my colleague was his countryman. On our second day of stay there was a typhoon and people were lining up in front of the hotel to wait for taxis but there was none in sight. When I asked for directions to the nearest subyway station, a young customer service lady patiently gave me directions until I fully understood.

The only thing that was a problem was the elevators seem to be either inadequate or were running too slow. It took me almost 5 minutes on the last morning to get to the lobby from a high floor because all elevators were busy and some were taken down for maintenance. Other than that, I have nothging to complain.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your wonderful experience you had with us during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide the true hospitality of a 5 star hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We had a family trip to Guangzhou on 19-20 Nov and we booked 5 rooms in this hotel as recommended by my friend. The stay turned out to be quite good overall. We were impressed by the spacious room, and the professional team in the cafe who offered help on seating, parking and food demand etc in a nice and warm manner. We had a very pleasant stay and breakfast gathering in this hotel.

We checked out in the morning of 20th and planned to take a family picture in the lobby to have a record of the great time we spent in this hotel. While we were all set I approached a lobby officer to help us to take the photo. He rejected bluntly and said the hotel did not allow photo-taking. It was quite an embarrassment moment as I had my 12 senior family members line-up orderly in front of me with smiling faces ready for a photo. Though quite surprised, we respected the hotel policy and did not take the picture. But we would expect to be rejected in a more nice and professional manner. When we expressed this to the lobby officer before leaving the hotel, he simply repeated the policy again, and then look-up the sky. With the feeling of being ignored, our minibus left the hotel with 13 angry people inside.

My purpose of writing here is not to accuse a particular hotel officer. I think as a 5-star hotel, the service can be more flexible and customer oriented (e.g. advise the policy and then allow to take one photo for the group as exception) and at least the staff should be trained to say "No" in a better manner. I hope my reporting would be helpful to improve service in this hotel, as I do want to come back next time when I visit Guangzhou.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience with our spacious room, and the professional team in the cafe . All your great comments are the encouragement for us to continuously maintain the highest standards which you have experienced when you stayed with us.
However, please do accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused while you asked for photo-taking. We would like to show our gratitude to your kind understanding of our hotel policy and we have communicated your feedback to the concerned department.
Once again, thank you very much and for your recommendation, also we hope the unhappy experience will not deter your to visit us again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Crowne Plaza not what it once was... Late night arrival, straight to the bar, beverages ok but food it's too late and I thought 5 * stands for a 24h service. After some discussions the team finally sends the room service staff to at least get us a club sandwich. Dessert order, only one available from an anyway small selection of sweet stuff. The one available is a fruit salat that is quite likely swimming in sugar water at least since hours with all vitamins gone. Cheese cake? Not marked as a 24h menu item as the challenge for the staff probably would be too much to slice one although it is on the menu.

The rooms were quite ok, spacious although the requested king bed ended up to be a twin with about 1m width so watch out before you make a turn in the night as you might end up on the floor. Phillips iPod docking stations in the rooms are a good addition, so is the free wireless internet, even if the speed at times is a bit low. With the bed situation the PC upgrade to the next higher category but this little bed turned out a boomerang.

In general the hotel has a hygiene issue, especially the breakfast buffet! Breakfast coffee is served only if you're lucky, a "Thank you!" for the favor poring your tea is not even replied to with a "you're welcome" or so. The hotel management is invisible and that obviously reflects on the staff. The Expat Chef was the most visible one.

For the Priority Club late check out I had to talk to 2 people and insist due to "high occupancy".

The best service was probably the check in by the duty manager who was quite fast and as it seems even managed to dig out my PC number from their system.

Room Tip: Stay away from the twin beds if you're used to sleep in a proper KING size bed!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for your sharing with us. We do apologize for all the inconvenience that was caused. Your comments have been shared with our team and necessary steps have been taken to ensure that our service standards will be improved on your next visit.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write on your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre. Once I read your review I was very concerned to learn that you were not satisfied with our services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

A group of us travelling to Tibet, catching a flight in Guangzhou had an overnight at the Crown Plaza. We were met at the door AND inside by the front desk manager, greeting us and offering helps. We thought we were royalty. We had brought a LOT of extra stuff including bikes in boxes. The porters were very helpful and we never sensed that air of looking for more tip money for their services. It was genuine. I need to comment on their honesty as well. My roommate left a wad of cash on the bed not thinking - probably jet lagging. At dinner we had a manager come to tell us that the housekeeper, in turning down the bed reported it to him and asked my roommate to go to the room and get the cash and count it to make sure all was well. Service and style of these people - impeccable.

Room Tip: As it is city centre in the rather mundane city of Guangzhou I can't say there is any particular...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
CPCityCentreGZ, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review during the recent stay with us.

It's delighted to hear that you and your friend had enjoyed your stay. Service is the most important training that we provide to all our colleagues and we happy to see that it has made a difference.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Kind Regards
Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

The hotel stay was very comfortable.The best thing about yhis location what we liked was its location.It is centrally located so we can go for shopping easily and so many restaurants around the place.The hotel rooms were also cosy.The staff is also very helpful.I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in writing your review and your wonderful experience you had with us at Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre.

As a 5 Star hotel, we dedicate ourselves to achieve the true hospitality and excel in our service standards. We are pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and provide a memorable stay.

Thank you for sharing with us and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre in the near future.

molly.zhang@gz63.cn

Been to Crowne Plaza Guangzhou City Centre? Share your experiences!