“design could be less modern” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.5 Zhujiang West Road, Pearl River New City, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510623, China   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% Off Advance Purchase!
Ranked #2 of 2,813 Hotels in Guangzhou
“design could be less modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our first impression of the hotel was not very nice, because the reception area is very futuristic. It's impossible to look up without dizziness. But the stuff was very friendly and spoke a good english, what is a bless in China, even in the hotels, and the rooms were absolutely fabulous! The beds and pillows are very comfortable and we slept like babies.
The only thing was, that they have made up the room only once a day (without preparing them for the night) and not very carefully. Once they've even forgotten to take our garbage from the bathroom out.
A special attention I would like to pay to the girl in the executive lounge. Unfortunately I didn't remember her name, she is really worth to be promoted! The brightest and the most professional person that we have met in our 11 days journey!
During breakfast you should keep calm and count on self-service))) Everyone will say ok-ok to whatever you will ask them to do, but will ether not understand you or will forget about you if on their way to fulfill your desire they would be stopped by somebody else))
The bar on the 99th floor is very nice for a drink before sleep. Bartender is good and the wine-list is not bad (which is really rare in China, where people think, that white wine is, like the red one, the older - the better and the names of wines often are funky...)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The moment you enter, the interior space immediately captivates with its grand modern atrium. The hotel has a futuristic feel , accented by contemporary artwork displayed at the various public spaces. A trademark of the four seasons, the guestrooms are indeed impressive in terms of the size, design and luxury. My room was on the 95th floor, with a panoramic view of the city from the bedroom and the bathroom. The breakfast buffet has a good spread. Staff are helpful and attentive. Always a great experience with the four seasons and this latest one is certainly delivers the standard too ! Would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

One of the best hotel's I've ever stayed in - beautiful new rooms on the 80th+ floor of a new building in the new area of GuangZhou.

We stayed on the 97th floor facing Canton Tower which was absolutely amazing.
Big rooms, fantastic bathrooms and service.

Like a lot of new areas in China the location leaves a little to be desired, but is close to the metro and to East Railway Station (for trains to Hong Kong).

One of the few hotels I honestly can't fault - highly recommended if you're in Guangzhou

Room Tip: Aim for the 97th floor - the top floor with rooms - AMAZING!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was there for my business trip, once you get to the lobby at 70th floor, you will be amazed by the design of the hotel, especially when you look up from the lobby. The design of the room is also amazing, very contemporary, and the bath tub was just huge!! Everything in the room is perfect, it's good for couple to stay for a weekend. And I really like them in using L'OCCITANE hair and bath care so you don't have to bring any of your own selection.

For the breakfast, the staff at the restaurant are friendly and helpful, just I think they should have more selection in cold cuts and maybe more other selections, too.

I have no complaints about this hotel and I would definitely come back to stay in this hotel if I come to Guangzhou again.

Room Tip: Please request a room that you can have view in the bathroom, so u could enjoy the stunning view whi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JHP_Zuidervliet
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was simply a disappointment to be there. We went to the Cafe Mondo, an Italian bar/restaurant. On the way up you get in an elevator with a damaged door (burn mark or something). Then at the restaurant the host takes you to your place. It must be said at the 72th we had a nice view though oddly it's over Haizhu/Zujiang New Town and the Canton tower which is a landmark. Though yes, nice I would say Tian He which has more highrises in it would be nicer to see. We got the menu with some very disappointing wines on it. When asked for a wine-card they bring it... why they didnt deliver this directly? We started with a caprese (they have not the usual names listed) and a platter of ham and salami with a bottle of Chianti. The servant had big issues filling the glass, first of all he fills it the Chinese way (1 sip) instead of like it should be, besides that everytime he spilled the wine when filling the glass. I appreciate how attentive they are but you should be capable to handle a bottle of wine. The caprese was nice maybe I would have gone for a different mozzarella but it was nice, same could be said for the ham it was good. We asked for a 15 mins break in between, obviously the servant didn't get it as within a few minutes the next course arrived. As maincourse we had a ossobocco and a gnocchi with beef. Well the attention they had for the starters, they didn't have for the maincourse. The gnocchi was served as a mess. It tasted good but it was far from appealing to see. Then the ossobocco was maybe 50 grams of meat and 250 grams of bone. I've never seen such big bones and I truly wonder where they managed to pull that out of the cow. It got returned and replaced with a more descent one. I can't understand how they can consider to serve such food to begin with. In the end we were so full there was no place for dessert so we left for a few drinks at the TianHe bar.

So restaurant wise, it's reasonable food at a reasonable price but the quality could be way better. I've been told they got an Italian chef but to me it seems they hired some pizza guy out of Napoli, they can't call this a chef.

From this point we went to the Tianhe bar at the 99th. We walked in and nobody was there to guide us to a seat so we helped our self next to the window at an uncleaned table. When we took our seat a girl showed up telling us it was a minimum 800 rmb fee to sit. I found this rather annoying and the girl kept repeating it. I don't understand this as we just spend a royal fee downstairs and we didn't walk in on flipflops (as opposed to some clients). We told her to get lost or get us the manager. When we got the card we went for a lychie martini and a nice Bowmore. The whiskey list is a bit disapointing and has only the usual on the list. The pricing is rather reasonable though a few oddities in between, for example a regular Taittinger is around 900 rmb, the pink 1800 rmb, they are sold wholesale at the same level. When we got our drinks it must be said it was a good cocktail though the waitress kept bugging us if she could take the glasses away while only half empty. After that we went for another round of champagne. This was just poor execution, glasses with finger prints at room temperature. We asked for the bill and somehow the girl doesn't know how to handle the creditcard (which was used at Mondo without problems), luckily I carried sufficient cash. Very embarrassing especially since I told her 1 hour ago it was all fine.

The bar, though nice has some poorly trained staff which spends more time with each other then the guests. Quite a few times we had to wait and see when a girl showed up.

The worst part of it is getting out, this hotel is open since August and still they have no taxi's lined up. We waited (with other guests piling up) for 40 minutes and asked why we were waiting. Their excuse is that they can't get taxi's here, it baffles me since 400 meter further the Ritz Carlton never has these issues. Same could be said for the Hyatt which is quite close, there I've never had this issue either.

I've visited quite a few Four Seasons on my trips but this one, sorry the Hilton delivers even better and I'm not even a Hilton fan.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Upon arrival, I thought it odd, being asked to get the lift to reception > on the 70th floor. But this hotel goes from floor 69 to 100. The result is mindmoggling views.
My room was level 89. A luxurious room - comfortable kingsize bed, desk, large TV, lounge, and floor to ceiling windows looking out to miles of new futuristic city, parkland, amazing city lighting and great architecture.
Then you enter the party-sized bathroom, and heated floor, basins on either side, in-mirror TV, bath, shower etc. Wow!
I cannot fault the room, and did view a colleagues' room on the opposite side, which had equally great views.
The Reception floor is equally great: you can look right up to level 100. A great bit of artwork round the walls and a water feature in the middle, with sufficient comfortable seating, almost unreal floral arrangements on desk and various tables.
The bar on 99 features slightly less good views than almost everywhere else, but the actual bar is made of amazing gemstone slices. Lacked a little life when we were there. Also had a very restrictive tapas type menu on 99...........so down to about 71 (if I recall) for an informal dinner - top quality. There are more formal options too.
Breakfast is also very good. A great variety. Maybe a little pricey, considering what you already pay for the room.
I highly recommend this hotel. China's an amazing country, and this city is not usually nominated as one that visitors should go to, but I have no idea why - this hotel and this city are both well worth seeing.

Room Tip: As far as I can see, they're all good..............but I loved being up high.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Guangzhou, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been several times to the Tian Bar with friends and customers. Its a nice, small bar (cannot be compared to the Cloud 99 bars in Shanghai, for example) with a minimum consumption fee if sitting next to the windows. Or in the some of the couches.
Overall the views are worth the visit, but have a few comments just to bear in mind:

1) Is a brand new hotel and the elevators are having issues already. Given the air pressure and so on, the doors (when in the downstairs lobby) will not shut down entirely so they will need someone from the outside to try to push the doors together, if not, the doors will open several times.
2) The toilets in the lobby during new years: I understand they might have a lot of visitors but the women's toilet was awful. They had a maid there (at 3 am) but the toilet smelled like a bus station with toilet paper and other nasty things spread all around. Quite disgusting.
3) Taxi service could be improved. Its understandable until a certain point that being a new hotel they might not have that many taxis dropping people by but the lobby should be able to hail a taxi with a phone call or something.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou? Share your experiences!