“Great service, food and drinks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou

You added Oakwood Premier Guangzhou to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.28 Tiyu East Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Off & Free Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 2,830 Hotels in Guangzhou
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, food and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed at Oakwood during the Canton Fair. The apartments are comfortable and well furnished. Very attentive service from all the staff. A special thanks to the Australian operations manager who was always on hand making sure my stay was enjoyable.

You've got to try the lovely steaks - they actually know how to cook a decent medium rare. And the best part - the all you can drink promotions. Excellent!

I'll be back and recommend it to any business traveller.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear IanBroomeUK,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent experience with us.

I am so delighted to know when we manage to create such an incredible impression.I can honestly say we have a team which endeavours to connect on a personal level with so many of our guests and to create an unforgettable experience.

I am happy to hear you loved out steaks, we are focusing on offering our guests high quality Australian 300day grain-fed beef. We have recieved a number of postive comments in reagrds to our all you care to drink promotion and Iam glad you enjoyed this concept.

I sincerely thank you for all your comments and I am happy to read you will return and recommend the property to fellow buisness travellors.

Warmest Wishes
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for a while as our stay was worth a review. We stayed in Oakwood for a night, however we wish it was for a week. The reception process was smooth and we were taken to our room promptly. The quality of the room and finishings we found excellent, once you shut the big solid door you were in your own world. You would not know you were in a hotel. The bed was just as we like it, and the kitchen set up was so handy. The restaurant had good quality food and the service was very good. I would like to give Shane Langdon a special mention, he was friendly and helpful in all ways and made our stay special, the sort of staff member I wish I had working for me. We definitely would stay at the Oakwood again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet due to the nature and quality of the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ChinaKent,

Thank you for such an incredible review...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay starting from the smooth reception process, I aways believe first impression is the most important.I am also happy to hear you loved the apartment from the furnishings to the bed and onto the kitchen.

I am delighted to read that you found our Oakroom restaurant food quality and service of a high standard, its an area we are always looking to improve.

Thank you again for sharing such positive feedback and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Until then, warm wishes
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Date:Oct 12-15th 2013
Travelling with 2 kids (a 5 and 1 yr old) is never an easy thing, via an online search I found this hotel equipped with what I needed most, a baby crib, a washing machine and a kitchen, and that was the beginning of my nightmare.

*Upon my late arrival, I was directed to a room right next to 2 heavy smoking neighbors, at the same time I saw the crib they provided me and I almost passed out just by looking at it. It is NOT anything close to the american safety standards, it is made of cheap wood slats, there isn't even a standard mattress, it is very light weight with 4 cheaply made wheels that it flips to an upward angle when my son moves around inside therefore causing the bed to tilt, and worst of all, 2 sides of the rail is built HORIZONTALLY !!! OMG! (please refer to my photos)
Carrying my baby back to the lobby requesting a "non smoking" floor, I was told that the hotel do not offer any other kinds of cribs.

*The crib was in a high position and we had to call in a technician in to lower it, but he was incapable to do so, at the end my husband had to pick up his tool and did the job for him

*the curtain pole suddenly fell off the rail while i was trying to shut the curtains,thank god no body was injured

*the glass shower door was not properly sealed and water leaks out to the bathroom floor which then was flooded after everyone had used the the shower once, I then had clean it up to prevent any accident which may happen due to the slippery floor (forget about calling the housekeeping at night, I will explain later)

*the water supply to the dishwasher was not hooked up, and the housekeeper told me that most guests do not use the dishwasher and it would be best to "hand wash all my dishes/baby bottles" and then she said things like "this machine should work, maybe you don't know how" I had to expalin to her that the problem is that the water supply needs to be turned on (the technician later proved that I am right)

*I requested a stainless steel kettle instead of a plastic one in my room, and the housekeeper said "why don't you use this non-stick pan to broil whatever you want", again, looking at the severely scratched nonstick cookware, i was speechless

* Throughout the night I was basically "staring" at my baby consistently making sure he was safe and not trying to climb out of the brib. My husband on the other hand had to change the location of the crib so it would lean against the wall, none of us slept that night

*I called housekeeping at 8am and whoever on the other end told me that she will be there "right away", so i waited and waited and after a full 44mins wait she finally arrived, she told me that housekeepers changes shifts at 8:30am and calling before that is useless. Another morning wasted....

*I had to stay in my room the whole morning waiting for a few technicians to fix the dishwasher, curtain pole, and the shower door which I was was supposed to be fixed prior to my arrival

*one of the hotel staff suddenly brought in a playpen(a small boxed in area with a barely padded and uncomfortable bottom that sits off of the floor a few inches)BUT without a padded bottom (another speechless moment), then a lady told me there isn't such a thing as a padded bottom, and it took me quite a while to prove her wrong. It's just so exhausting trying to explain any common sense to anyone there, but without the debate, no one was willing to find my baby the padded bottom.

Dear Oakwood manager, if you are reading this, please note that playpen is designed to keep a baby/toddler safe for short periods of time, they are very, very uncomfortable, and even more uncomfortable without the thinly padded bottom, maybe you can try feeling it with your hand.

*the playpen was very dirty with milk spots on there and I had to sanitize it myself....am I on holiday?

*During all these interesting episodes, I tried to give some polite suggestions to their customer service rep (Carol & Elsa) but all I get was apologies and a fruit basket, maybe she thought that would keep my quiet or that's what i was want.

People working there never actually want to solve problems( which ironically was created bytheir laziness), they tried to avoid being into any conflicts by repetitively apologizing. One typical example was when I told Elsa all my problems, she shows great concerns and told me how they will improve their quality of service, that night I received a fruit basket and more apologies from Carol (another customer repsent by Elsa). The next morning when I called in at 8:15am for an extra roll of toilet paper, it was again delivered "right away" at 9AM!!!

Last, I left the fruit basket untouched in my room, feeling happy and glad that i am actually leaving this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear GSKT723,

First of all, I would like to say outright that we definitely apologise for not delivering the perfect stay to you and your family recently. There is no doubt that you encountered certain issues which got things off to a bad start and despite our best efforts we were not able to get things back on track for you both.

For the record, I admit we got things wrong and I apologise on behalf of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.It certainly was not our usual standard which is why we have taken your comments seriously and I have shared your feedback to the concerned departments to ensure these issues to do re-occur

You will be happy to hear we are currently sourcing better quality cribs, implementing new procedures and action plans to prevent maintenance equipment not working and speeding up guests requests.

Offering the fruit basket was not to "keep you quiet" or not that what you wanted", Carol and Elsa wanted to express they cared about you and your experience, it was a gesture. I am sorry to hear you do not appreciate this.

Again - thank you for your candid review. its only with feedback such as yours we can improve our service and product.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to turn this negative experience to postive.

Warm Regards
Executive Assistant Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. I stayed there only one night. I really enjoyed my stay. It is an apartment hotel concept, which makes the rooms quite large. Bathroom facilities are excellent, so is the rest of the well appointed room. Very friendly staff. Great spa facilities. Very good breakfast. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Cosmopolitoswiss,

Thank you for your review of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community. I am delighted to hear you had a "perfect "stay with us, will recommend the property and in particular enjoyed the rooms, bathroom and breakfast.

I am also happy to hear our staff were able to provide with you a postive experience.

Cosmopolitoswiis, thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback and I sincerely hope we have the chance to welcome you back.

Warm wishes
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

As a regular business traveller I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, which was of a generous size and of excellent design with superb fittings and furniture. A fully equipped kitchen and large bathroom with clothes washer and dryer included.
The gym was one of the best I have experienced in any hotel and I found the dining room whilst not large provided an excellent food selection, and the staff were always keen to please. The daily specials were very good and of excellent value.
The property is in an excellent location and in an easy walking distance to shopping centres and outdoor dining areas.
I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Guangzhou.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

From the time you arrive you feel great with attentive staff taking care of a swift and efficient check in. Rooms are very well appointed, beds comfortable and with great amenities.
The restaurant is also nicely appointed and the food and staff excellent.
Left totally satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Jon D,

Thank you for your excellent review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that our staff created a postive impression with you on arrival which continued throughout your stay.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Oakroom restaurant and were impressed by food and our oakroom team.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back and thank you again for sharing your experience with everyone here.

Warm Wishes
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Oakwood went above and beyond in service, facilities and food. I was travelling with a toddler, and the staff made him feel like a special guest. The room was spacious, with a full-sized kitchen. Including a fridge stocked with full sized, reasonably priced chilled wine and beer. The gym is well equipped and the pool area is an oasis in the heat.
We ate most meals in the restaurant and were impressed by the quality, service and variety. Even the kid's menu and special plates were beyond expectation. Well done Oakwood, you passed with flying colours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear GZ Kiwi,

First of all, thank you for submitting your lovely review of your recent experience with us.

I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and Oakwood "went above and beyond" to ensure your stay was memorable.

I am delighted to hear that our team members made your toddler feel like a special guest and pleased to read you liked our well-equipped apartments, gym facilities and our restraurant service and food quality.

Thank you again for all your wonderful comments and I sincerely hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Warm wishes,
Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou? Share your experiences!