“OVERPRICED” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou

You added Oakwood Premier Guangzhou to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.28 Tiyu East Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Offers & Announcements
Suite starts from RMB850
Ranked #12 of 2,820 Hotels in Guangzhou
Praha
“OVERPRICED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were in this hotel accommodations with my family on our trade routes. We have already lived in a lot of hotels around China, and I must say that this hotel is quite average. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and this was very tight and not comfortable. The room rate is very high and does not reflect the quality of services provided. English is spoken by few people at the reception, in the restaurant and at the entrance is a problem. Ordering food in the room is how long serial with an unexpected ending. Cleanliness is very good. You can be sure of not getting exactly what you wanted. Very positive is the location of the hotel is in the center of the action, very close is a big department store. Here you can eat, unless you have the nerve to blatantly chinese services. The airport is about 50 minutes away. China is simply good for business, not the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Vk68,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with us earlier this year. Of course I am disappointed to learn that your overall experience was anything less than perfect. Please accept our apologies for the issues you highlighted.

You feedback was and still is appreciated and I assure you we have listened and will do our best to continue to improve in the future.

I would like to offer you the opportunity to contact me directly to elaborate on the issues you highlighted, as it is only this feedback we can truly improve our product and service delivery,.

shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Summer special offered a great rat on a one bedroom apartment with breakfast and incl wifi.
Excellent quality Bedding and Linen. Great sleep. Bathroom was very nicely fitted. No bath but the shower has a steam function that was very impressive.

The breakfast is good. I had dinner one evening - it was raining and I just stayed in. Surprised by the value and the quality. Very good. Had a couple of Tsing Tao Beers - Icy Cold!

Washed and dried some clothes in the supplied washing machine in the suite - very convenient - in room kitchen - but you wont need that!

Definitely consider this property in a good location. Close to some good shopping. W Hotel 2 blocks away - I think this property offers much better value for money and quality for a Premier Oakwood is very good.

My experience - simple comment - House keeping need further training and supervision. Trashed not emptied on second day, no additional toilet paper - had to call reception for more, I guess because the room attendant was talking to friends or family on the phone with headphones while servicing a room - kinda weird - maybe she was distracted and forgot to do her job to the standard I am sure Oakwood expects. But then so often you see them texting all the time on duty so its kinda the same thing.... its just how it is.

English Language is great at reception. The boys at the door struggle - but they really go out of their way to help you!

Great for families and friends, very good for someone on business.

I woud stay here again - definitely.

Oakwood is a good product!

Room Tip: See if they have online specials on their website.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Petitebrioche,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will definitely return.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed everything from our location, room and Oakroom restaurant for breakfast and dinner.

As for the issue you highlighted, our executive housekeeper will conduct further training to ensure cleanliness of the rooms are improved to ensure we constantly raise the bar.
We have commenced english language traning to our team who work at the entrance to the hotel. So rest assured that we have been and are listening to our guests and taking action.

Overall however I am delighted to know that you left us with wonderful memories and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon...and rest assured we will be aiming for five stars next time!

Until then, thank you again and warmest wishes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

In guangzhou, normally CNY500-600 for one night accommodation is good enough, I spent over CNY1,000 on this hotel just because i travelled with my 8 month son, so I was expecting a happy and comfortable journey. On our arrival, at the first, ground floor parking staff does not allow us to park on the ground floor parking, claiming it was reserved for staff only, and let us go to the underground parking; then the underground parking staff claimed our car was too big (height 2.8m) and parking for big car is full and asked us to go back to ground floor parking; the staff was not responsible at all and just keep pushing us to the others. We waited for like 40mins in the car until their supervisor to come to solve the problem and let us to park on the ground floor parking at the last!! If I had not had paid the hotel room by credit card, I definitely wont live with it! Very very bad experience! Will never ever go to this hotel again and won’t recommend to anyone! The staff is not professional and lack of problem solving skill!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with us. Of course I am disappointed to learn that your overall experience was anything less than perfect. Please accept our apologies for the issues you highlighted.

We at Oakwood Premier take these issues seriously, as such will take action and investigate why you experienced unprofessional service from the building parking staff. I would appreciate if are able to contact me directly to elaborate further on this issue.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. I must admit that I am confident that we could definitely impress in the future should you decide to give us the chance.

Barueri, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Luxurious and well-equipped apartment, great location, very comfortable to stay, just little high cost!
There are several options of makeup rooms, can cater for various needs, as in the flat style, has a lot more freedom.
Excellent! highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Moaisampa,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed our well-equipped apartments and location, also thrilled to hear that you highly recommend our property.

Thank you again for sharing such positive feedback and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Until then, warm wishes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

the 2 major problems from my stay.
1. i tried to book an additional 2 days before i arrived to the hotel wich i had already 5 day booking. I asked them by mail if i can have the rate from booking.com wich was lower than the one they offered. in 5 minutes the price on booking had changed and they claimed they didnt do it manualy ..but ofcorse they did.
2.the more crazy problem is they blocked a really high guarantee amount on my credit card wich caused me all kinds of money flow problems through my 1 month stay in china.. after i complained they elegidly unblocked my card . but the truth is as i learned 2 months after they had my money blocked still. and if i didnt take care of it they would never unblock .

I also had a few more problems which I was not going to mention but for sure are strange for “5 * hotel” so here they are:

1st .one day our pillows disappeared and the cleaning lady came and found them on the floor behind the curtain. When she found she put back on the bed. I was very mad to see that she wanted me to put my face wher the floor was before.
2nd one day someone called me mad and told me if I want to stay more time in the room I have to pay extra . but my check out day wasn’t until 3 more days.
3rd the water in the Jacuzzi was boiling hot and I was burned ( same and some Italy guys that tried to go in ) this was more than one time
4th when checking out I asked to have the bill in my company’s name which caused me more than 30 minutes delay because no one could do it, ( I had to let it go and you took care of this when I came back to Greece)
5th when I checked out I ordered a cab and it was not called for me ..this caused an additional delay and finally missed my train

I think it’s really crazy that cannot fit in my brain all this.

poooooooooooorrrr ............managment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

First of all, I would like to say outright that we definitely apologise for not delivering the five star service that we at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou are renowed for. There is no doubt that you encountered certain issues which got things off to a bad start and despite our best efforts we were not able to get things back on track for you

Due to the extreme nature of your review, are you willing to share further details with me directly. I sincerely hope you will accept that opportunity so that I and the team may be able to improve on the areas which you highlighted on in your comments.

Regardless of the above, again, I sincerely apologise that we did not manage to impress on this occasion. I can only hope that your experience was definitely an exception to the normal experiences we usually try so hard to provide to ALL our guests.
I hope to hear from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

it's really good hotel and best location , there is only one thing need to be done is ( NO ARABIC Chanel :( )) . also no more chose of food selection !! , but the rest is good ..
stuff is Excellent the room are very clean but the value is lil bet high ;(

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripaAdvisor Member,

Thank you for such an "great" review...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay, loved the property its location and excellent staff.

I would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly with further details regarding your comments " no more chose of food selection". As with such feedback, its only then we can improvde our product.

Until then, warm wishes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

when i made the booking over the booking.com i thought as seen over the site that the room is much bigger than i expected and i was disappointed. also the high tech facilities used in the room are not friendly user ie the telephone, the light in the closet......but in general the room was well equipped and clean ( i think it is too congested according to the size )

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with us in July. Of course I am disappointed to learn your experience overall was less than perfect.

I would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly with regards to details the high tech facilities used on the room not user-friendly. As with such feedback we can only improve our product.

shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com

Been to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou? Share your experiences!